Manual bed control disappears

Hi everyone !
I've newly installed an Arduino MEGA2560 + RAMPS 1.4.
Quite cheap and nice solution.
I've used Repetier Firmware 0.91.
When Repetier Host 1.04 is launched, the controller is unconnected, which is normal.
I can see Extruders and Bed buttons in Manual Control Tab.
But I connect to controller, Bed control disappears !
I disconnect the controller, the Bed control doesn't come back.
My problem is I can't manually test my heatbed...
I'm blocked.
Has anyone got this kind of issue ? Thanks for your help

Comments

• The bed control disappears if the M104 temperature request answer shows, that the firmware does not support a heated bed. So if this happens, you have not enabled heated bed support in the firmware.
  • Hi.
    I thought that this came from my setup. But with the following configuraiton.h , I got the same thing. Could it be because I have no thermistor attached to my ramps ?

// ############# Heated bed configuration ########################

#define HAVE_HEATED_BED 1
    #define HEATED_BED_MAX_TEMP 50
    #define SKIP_M190_IF_WITHIN 50
    #define HEATED_BED_SENSOR_TYPE 1
    #define HEATED_BED_SENSOR_PIN TEMP_1_PIN
    #define HEATED_BED_HEATER_PIN HEATER_1_PIN
    #define HEATED_BED_SET_INTERVAL 5000
    #define HEATED_BED_HEAT_MANAGER 0
    #define HEATED_BED_PID_INTEGRAL_DRIVE_MAX 255
    #define HEATED_BED_PID_INTEGRAL_DRIVE_MIN 80
    #define HEATED_BED_PID_PGAIN   196
    #define HEATED_BED_PID_IGAIN   33
    #define HEATED_BED_PID_DGAIN 290
    #define HEATED_BED_PID_MAX 255
    #define MIN_EXTRUDER_TEMP -555
    #define MAXTEMP 666
    #define MIN_DEFECT_TEMPERATURE -555
    #define MAX_DEFECT_TEMPERATURE 666

• Guess what...
    I soldered quickly 3 thermistors to my ramps.
    Launch the soft, and there it is !

Conclusion, must have thermistors to able to "play" manually all heaters

KOKOLESKO
  • Yes, you must. 

Little trick for the future - enable the log view when you have problems. When this happened the firmware issued a warning to the host about a defect thermistor (because not connected) telling you it disabled all heaters and continous in dry run mode.
  • Try hitting the Emergency Stop Button in the software. I had the exact same issue, it worked for 1 print then 6hrs later when I went to print something else, the bed temperature control would disappear. I hit the emergency stop and it came right back. I think this is a software issue, something in there is having an issue I cannot find any errors in the log files.
  • Glad to see blarz is here to help.  Had the same issue today, ran a print last night from one PC with older Host version, no problem.  Fired it up on another machine with the newest Host version, no heated bed control.  Much swearing and checking of this forum; blarz to the rescue!  Hit e-stop and the heated bed control appears and is functional.

Blarz suggested this as a bug last November, I'm reporting the exact same issue.  Any thoughts?
  • Which firmware are you using? I remember having had problems with newer Marlin firmware which send 0 as temperature when disabled. Unfortuantely the bed only appears when bed temperatures larger 0 get reported. Will be fixed in next release if that was the problem here.
  • Your v 0.91.  Don't think I've seen it since the first time I connected to that printer, having just set up a new printer config.  Also first printer connection after Host install on this PC.  I've disconnected the usb since and haven't seen a recurrence on reconnect. Sounds like a merry chase . . .   ; )