Menu get stuck

Hi everyone,

im using the Repetier-Firmware for a long time on my Prusa Mendel. For my new build i want to add a display (16*2 http://reprap.org/wiki/RAMPS_1.3/1.4_GADGETS3D_Shield_with_Panel) to my printer. At the moment im getting used to the display menu but sometimes i cant reach the higher menu again (only the main menu after the 30 sec waiting period).
For example: everytime i go to Bed coating -> Kapton i cant to anything, only wait for 30 sec. Other menues have the same problem too. Can you help my to solve this problem?
Im using Repetier 0.92.9, Ramps 1.4.2 and Arduino Mega.

Thanks!

Greetings Chris

Comments

• Check you display configuration. First menu item is back if it sets
    #define UI_HAS_BACK_KEY 0

with a 1 it assumes you have a key to go back and removes the item from menu.

• Repetier said:
    Check you display configuration. First menu item is back if it sets
    #define UI_HAS_BACK_KEY 0

with a 1 it assumes you have a key to go back and removes the item from menu.
    Thank you for your quick support! I tried why you mentioned and nothing happend. Actually it was 1 when i look it up, i changed it to 0 and uploaded it: the back option was still there in the menus. I changed it multiple times now but i doesnt change anything.
    Another way to freeze the menu is quick settings -> change filament -> (rotating) -> press encoder -> stuck in quick settings menu.
    One honest questioin: At the moment the ramps board is not connected to anything. Im just trying to get used to display and make it work. Can the fact that is is not connecet do hardware lead to this problems?
  • Change filament does heating stuff so that might block.

Back button should appear, but back key is defined inside controllers if you select a predefined ignoring your personal setting which is only used for own display definition.

But you wrote "the back option was still there in the menus" so what is the problem? I thought the problem is that it is not there preventing you selecting back.