X Y stepper disabled after movement Rostock delta

Hi,

I have DIY Rostock delta equiped with Sanguinololu 1.3b. Firmware Repetier 0.92.9.  Everithing worling fine except X and Y steppers are disabled after movement. So if head is moved down for some value, all stepper stops, Z carriage hold place but X and Y carriage drops. Trying movement by hand and Z carriage  hold stil and X and Y carriage can be moved with no resistance.

Tried till now : replacing steppers Z always enabled X and Y disabled, replacing Pololus  z always enabled XY disabled. Check with osciloscope shows enable signal on Z axis is logic LOW and X and Y are logic HIGH. 

In Repetier-Firmware configuration tool unchecked Disable when unused for X, Yand Z stepper. In Repetier host  unchecked Disable Motors after Job/Kill.

All suggestions are  are welcomed

Thanks in advance

Damir

Comments

• If I check pins.h I see

#define ORIG_X_ENABLE_PIN       14
    #define ORIG_Y_ENABLE_PIN       14
    #define ORIG_Z_ENABLE_PIN       26
    #define ORIG_E0_ENABLE_PIN       14

so extruder and x,y share same enable pin. So I guess the extruder gets disabled and that disables x and y as well. I would suggest making E0 the Z axis and Z for extruder. Then it should work and x,y,z get always same enable which is what you need anyway.
  • Thanks for quick response.

Nice solution.

• Hi again,

Finaly Stepper holds possition after movement

I have excange  E0 and Z connectors. In  pins.h I changed lines with:

#define ORIG_Z_STEP_PIN         1  
    #define ORIG_Z_DIR_PIN             0  

#define ORIG_E0_STEP_PIN         3 
    #define ORIG_E0_DIR_PIN            2

#define ORIG_X_ENABLE_PIN       14    
    #define ORIG_Y_ENABLE_PIN       14    
    #define ORIG_Z_ENABLE_PIN       14
    #define ORIG_E0_ENABLE_PIN      26

and get strange side effect.

If I press manually extrude buttons, same time Z and Y carriage moves down and X moves up for small amount, and if extrude button is pressed again (few times) carriage hold place. After few attempts i have observed carriage movement only on first extrude. Test done without filament (no pressure on hotend and effector).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

• Make sure ENDSTOP_Z_BACK_ON_HOME is set to 10 or something like that. It reduces z length but is needed to get some movement freedom at top without hitting endstop.

Does this also happen if you first move down?

Regarding stepper switch - my idea was to change assignment in configuration.h not pins.h so you do not need to modify pins.h for each update. Config tool allows selecting the socket used.
  • Now changed assignment in configuration.h, and revert to old pins in pins.h.

ENDSTOP_(X|Y|Z)_BACK_MOVE   5   5   5

Reduction factor 2nd test      3     3    3

ENDSTOP_(X|Y|Z)_BACK_ON_HOME  10  10  10

After homing there is 8-10mm space between carriage and endstop. Z and Y carriage moves down for approximately 1mm and X moves up 0.5mm  only on first extrude and steppers buzzing as long as extruding 1, 10, 50 or 100mm. If I first move down there is no carriage movement on first extrude. When trided to  move carriage down for les then 10mm (0.01, 0.1, 1 mm) same case like pressing extrude button,  Z and Y carriage moves down for 1mm and X moves up 0.5mm  .

• Do you have a offset set for your extruder? I'm wondering what correction it tries to compensate.
    If it is only visible at to it might also be rotation form autoleveling that gets corrected here. COuld also be the endstop offsets you calibrated with G131/G132 but these should get corrected directly after homing and before even moving down the extra 10mm from back on home.

Which version are you using?
  • This is link of my configuration file I hope it will help. Hotend is centered. This behavior is noticed if movement is less then 10mm. If something want to make correction, it will be also done after 10mm movement.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8zhywpqslnap1f/Configuration.h?dl=0

• Did i done something wrong? Long time no answer.

• You did not answer my question.  Configurations are useless for things that can be changed in eeprom, which is why I asked to the values set. Also I normally do not look into config files. Too time intensive if the relevant section is not part of the post.
  • Agree with you. OK. Data from EEPROM:   Extr.1offset  X 0, Y 0, Z 0. For rotation form autoleveling, if you mean rotation for towers they are A  210, B 330,C 90. Yes enstop offset is executed first  after homing. Sanguinololu 1.3b. Firmware Repetier 0.92.9.
  • No with rotation I mean a output that comes directly after resetting printer. It will then write 9 values as rotation matrix. I assume these are not 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 so first move will compensate position to rotated position and it would be ok.