Reset buffer block

I am trying to program a leadscrew delta printer that is run by a Rambo board. I've downloaded the firmware successfully, I think. When I turn it all on only one stepper locks. Ive checked voltages and motor b locks. Motor c receives voltage and motor a does and has nothing. When I try and command a movement in host I get an error that says "reset buffer block". Is anyone familiar with that?

Comments

• I've searched the host sources and it does not contain "reset buffer block" so it must come from firmware, but repetier-firmware also does not contain this string.
  • Repetier said:
    I've searched the host sources and it does not contain "reset buffer block" so it must come from firmware, but repetier-firmware also does not contain this string.
    Okay. That isn't the full string the full string is actually "connection timeout - reset buffer block". Does that matter at all? Does it matter if I'm using a rambo board? Sorry I am really new to programming. From what I've read, people have had similar problems and the solution has something to do with the Baudrate but my host and firmware should have matching Baud. Could it be something else?
  • Ok, that message I now recognice:-) YOu get it if host connects to a port and does not get a understandable response within timeout seconds. 

- So serial connection has wrong baud rate
    - no firmware installed
    - Board has no power. I'm not 100% sure if it was rambo board that has serialports show up even when cpu is offline as it only starts when getting main power.
  • Repetier said:
    Ok, that message I now recognice:-) YOu get it if host connects to a port and does not get a understandable response within timeout seconds. 

- So serial connection has wrong baud rate
    - no firmware installed
    - Board has no power. I'm not 100% sure if it was rambo board that has serialports show up even when cpu is offline as it only starts when getting main power.
    Okay, so I checked the baud in the firmware and have it set to 115200 on host and firmware. Im pretty sure the firmware is on it since one of my steppers is locking up and the bed is heating. Neither of these would happen if the board wasn't getting power, right?

• Does it matter that I have windows 10? From what I am reading everyone is asking that.
  • So I found out that the com port was running a 9600 default as opposed to the 115200. That allowed it to run through more prompts before it gave me a timeout error. What should I check from there? Could it possibly be a wiring issue?
  • 9600 in windows hardware manager? That is not relevant, we set what you defined in host.

Your heaters should be off and motor normally not blocked when you start firmware. Until you have connection these stay off and then only if you move or start heaters. So that is no good sign.

What firmware are you using and how do you set serial speed without connection?

• I am currently using Repetier firmware. True, so there shouldn't be a wiring problem then huh?
  • In repetier-firmware you need to change EEPROM_MODE so new baud rate is copied, otherwise after upload the last set baud rate is still used! If you hav elcd you can see in settngs->general what baud rate is set. You can also change it but need to save eeprom afterwards.
  • Okay. So I'm not really sure what I did but I got it to start working. Of course I ran into another problem. 2 of the 3 steppers step forward then backward and one stepper will actually step forward the whole time. What do I need to do to fix this one?
  • Not sure what you exactly describe. If you mean the motors just jitter instead of moving that only one coil gets power or something blocks movement. First case would normally be a bad connection to board not getting contact, bad soldering, defect motor driver.
    If it is blocked try moving by hand and see if it takes much force or not. If it moves easily motor should be able to do so when it gets enough current.

Moving only in one direction might be a endstop being high preventing moves in that direction. Test with M119 what firmware thinks about the state.
  • I checked the connections and they seem to all be solid.The motor does more easily. How do you test to see if you have a defective motor driver?

Also, I started to start tinkering with the thermistors. I keep getting an error saying that they are decoupling. What would be the reasons for this?
  • Jswizzle said:
    I checked the connections and they seem to all be solid.The motor does more easily. How do you test to see if you have a defective motor driver?

Also, I started to start tinkering with the thermistors. I keep getting an error saying that they are decoupling. What would be the reasons for this?
    Sorry, the motors move easily when trying to be turned by hand.
  • Just a thought but with rambo and delta you normally are very tight on memory. On startup you should get a message that at least 900 byte of ram are free or unexpected things will happen. Reduce DELTASEGMENTS_PER_PRINTLINE to get enough memory.

Regarding decoupling see what log says what the reason is. Firmware writes exactly why it says decoupling. Then you know which screw to modify.