When I Activate my pro license from the register menu, the my repetier server locks up/loads forever

I just bought a pro version of repetier server, and I'm trying to activate my license on my servers. However, whenever I try to activate the license, the server virtually freezes up while its trying to activate. It seems be stuck trying to activate itself. What should I do?

Comments

• I am using version 1.0.4 on the servers, is it not working because i am not fully up to date? it looks like version 1.1.0 is the latest on the site.
  • Does the server have connection to internet? That is required also you normally get just a warning when it fails to contact the server after some timeout.

1.1.0 is latest but that is not important for activation.
  • Yes the server is connected to my wifi. when i enter the key, a loading wheel spins and the server gets locked up. If I refresh the page, the server is locked up and i cannot click on anything. Is there someone I can get real time assistance from? I feel like a forum post is not the best way to find the solution here. Thanks!
  • I looked in the troubleshooting tab and in the system errors section this error is reputedly showing up: 

[22.07.2021 13:22:49] : error in postRequest:DNS error: Temporary DNS error while resolving: licence.internetloesungen.com
  • This is a problem in resolving the ip belonging to the name, so you do not have configured a dns server or it is blocked. Normally dnsmasq gets it from dhcp settings in out pi image. If you login to command line with ssh you can send:
    /run/dnsmasq/resolv.conf

and you see the nameservers that get used.
    You can manually add more nameservers like 8.8.8.8 to /etc/resolv.conf I think. 

Once name can get resolved activating should get possible if you have internet access. 2 test must succeed to be sure:
    pi@RepetierServer:~ $ ping licence.internetloesungen.com
    PING licence.internetloesungen.com (94.130.164.39) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from mail.hot-world.de (94.130.164.39): icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=16.4 ms
    64 bytes from mail.hot-world.de (94.130.164.39): icmp_seq=2 ttl=57 time=15.6 ms
    64 bytes from mail.hot-world.de (94.130.164.39): icmp_seq=3 ttl=57 time=15.2 ms
    ^C

Actually if this works you are done. The other one is ping the ip directly to check if you have internet access at all:
    pi@RepetierServer:~ $ ping 94.130.164.39
    PING 94.130.164.39 (94.130.164.39) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 94.130.164.39: icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=15.3 ms
    64 bytes from 94.130.164.39: icmp_seq=2 ttl=57 time=14.8 ms
    ^C

If this one also fails, you have no internet access. Make sure it is part of your intranet and your firewall allows outgoing connections form that device.