Using a TFT with Ramps 1.4

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I wanted to reach out, and see if anyone has attempted to use a 2.8 TFT screen with Ramps 1.4 and the Repetier firmware yet.

My understanding of doing some digging so far, is there might not be enough available pins left from the mega to make this work, others have said that pins for endstops not being used/ect can be converted.

I also so someone attempted to use a second mega board to run the display/sd card reader then connect it to the remaining available pins on the original one running the ramps.

Of all these ideas I have come across I have not seen any write ups/how tos.  I have spent about 3 weeks digging now, but haven't been able to find one I can attempt yet. 

Can anyone weigh in or point me in a good direction?

Comments

• I assume you mean a TFT with e.g. 320x240pixel? That will not work as it is too complex and memory intensive for a simple mega. The next Repetier-Server 0.80.0 will support such displays (current release has only printer frontends for 7" displays), so soluition would be to buy a Raspberry Pi 3 + TFT and run the server on it to control printer. This makes printer also web accessible and accessable via browser.