Custom Push Messages

Is it possible to setup custom push messages? The main one I am thinking of is to add a notification when the bed reaches temperature. My setup takes a long time for the bed to heat up when I am printing ABS, and a notification would be nice that it has reached the temp so I don't have to keep checking on it. Thanks!

Comments

• You can if you use the Repetier-Server. Sounds like a good idea to add it to the next host release as well.

In any case you have to put it some commands after bed heating as the server/host send more commands into the queue and it does not know which were already executed. So put it come 10 commands after heatup command. Adding dummy commands that have no effect liek G92 E0 is ok, you just need to fill the 127 byte input buffer.
  • Adding one more since it is related.

Why not add a new hostcommand @notice ;
    I would like to do a pause to insert some nuts and would like to to:
    @pause
    @notice Time to insert the nuts

Or have the @pause command which already has the notice to both send it to the screen as well as a a push message.
    Could simply be a checkoption during print to have all @pause messages sent as a push message as well.
  • Just do
    @pause ; Time to insert the nuts

You can set host/server to send push notifications on pause already.
  • Repetier said:
    You can if you use the Repetier-Server. Sounds like a good idea to add it to the next host release as well.

In any case you have to put it some commands after bed heating as the server/host send more commands into the queue and it does not know which were already executed. So put it come 10 commands after heatup command. Adding dummy commands that have no effect liek G92 E0 is ok, you just need to fill the 127 byte input buffer.
    I'm also interested in this ability (to get a push notification when the bed has reached the correct temp)!  In my case, I use Repetier-Host to slice and it has a temp reached notification sound but it seems to chime when the extruder reaches its temp.  I want to know when all temps are ready to go and my printer is saying "Heating done." on the LCD.  Also, a "print complete" push notification if possible.  This would be custom too.  Accounting for the cooldown stage (bed reaches about < 30 degrees C).  I think I can add special G-Code to the end of each print during the slicing process in Repetier-Host if needed.

Currently, I run the following G-Code in Repetier-Server to prep the printer for a PLA print...
    Note: The below is valid G-Code (yes even with the comments)
    ;sets fan speed
    ;S = target speed from 0-255
    M106 S255

;sets extruder temp and continue without waiting
    ;S = target temp
    M104 S180

;linear move with extrusion
    ;F = movement speed used until set again
    ;Z = position of z axis to move to
    G1 F2400 Z6

;auto home
    ;X = include x axis
    ;Y = include y axis
    ;Z = include z axis
    G28 X Y Z

;linear move with extrusion
    ;F = movement speed used until set again
    ;Z = move to position on z axis
    G1 F2400 Z25

;wait for bed temp to be reached
    ;R = target temp
    M190 R65

;wait for extruder temp to be reached
    ;R = target temp
    M109 R180

So the question I had about your response comment quoted above is, What exact G-Codes do I add to the end after finishing the wait on my extruder temp to be reached?  It sounds like you are saying you need to fill the buffer with non used commands (such as an M117 command to set the LCD text)?  But I don't see any information on HOW to get the Repetier-Informer App to show you a custom push notification such as "Printer Ready For Print".  Just sending a bunch of extra G-Code at the end would not send a custom message of any type.
  • You would send afterwards
    @syncMotion
    @pushmessage your message

Hope pushmassage was the right command, but the correct one stands In server manual. Syncmotion adds he fill commands so buffering is no problem.