Uninstall on OSX?

I installed repetier-server on my Mac mini, but I think I messed up something. Is there a way that I can uninstall it so I can start over from a fresh slate?

Comments

• Installer will always uninstall old launcher. All installed files are in

/usr/local/Repetier-Server

and with

sudo /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/uninstallLaunchd.sh

you stop the running daemon. Run this before you delete the installation directory!

Configurations/databases reside in

/Library/Application Support/Repetier-Server/

If you have crashed a database stop daemon and delete databases in storage directory. Then start daemon again

sudo /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/installLaunchd.sh

• edited July 2016
    Hi @Repetier.

I just wanted to try Repetier-server to see what it is, I'm on a machine that will not be connected to the printer so I want to properly uninstall and revert any modifications the installer did.

But I'm now discovering that there's no automated uninstall process, so I have to do it by hand... I'm not happy having to take time to cleanup :(

So first, the uninstallLaunchd.sh script is failing because you changed the name of the daemon launcher file from "RepetierServer.plist" to "com.repetier-server.RepetierServer.plist".

And then I discovered that the installer created a User profile. I hope I haven't missed anything else. If so, please tell me. I hate discovering leftover from old apps bloating up my computer. I carry on my OS installation from machine to machine. I never reinstall it, I only update.

Thanks

And here is the full script to completely remove (I hope) Repetier-server:
    sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.repetier-server.RepetierServer.plist
    sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.repetier-server.RepetierServer.plist
    sudo rm -rf /usr/local/Repetier-Server
    sudo rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/Repetier-Server
    sudo dscl localhost delete Local/Default/Users/repetierserver
    sudo dscl localhost delete Local/Default/Groups/repetierserver
  • Thanks for the hint. Hadn't registered the name change to more confirming.

For next release I have added a script to do a full uninstall (fulluninstall.sh) as you suggested, just with some questions to skip data and security question.

• Hi @Repetier.

I just wanted to try Repetier-server to see what it is, I'm on a machine that will not be connected to the printer so I want to properly uninstall and revert any modifications the installer did.

But I'm now discovering that there's no automated uninstall process, so I have to do it by hand... I'm not happy having to take time to cleanup :(

So first, the uninstallLaunchd.sh script is failing because you changed the name of the daemon launcher file from "RepetierServer.plist" to "com.repetier-server.RepetierServer.plist".

And then I discovered that the installer created a User profile. I hope I haven't missed anything else. If so, please tell me. I hate discovering leftover from old apps bloating up my computer. I carry on my OS installation from machine to machine. I never reinstall it, I only update.

Thanks

And here is the full script to completely remove (I hope) Repetier-server:
    sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.repetier-server.RepetierServer.plist
    sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.repetier-server.RepetierServer.plist
    sudo rm -rf /usr/local/Repetier-Server
    sudo rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/Repetier-Server
    sudo dscl localhost delete Local/Default/Users/repetierserver
    sudo dscl localhost delete Local/Default/Groups/repetierserver
    I had this same issue... did  all up to this point - used your code to stop the server - but now  the USB driver is removed  and it will not re-intsall.   If you get a notification for this - can you  offer a solution??   TIA
  • I found the solution!

The problem is that the firmware on  Anet motherboard  - does not use a real USB connection.

After some information passed from a forum - I  downloaded  - "http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=229&pcid=41 "  Its a USB - Serial bridge.   I rean the  application.... when it finished - restarted the computer, opened HOST and check the  printer settings.  Selected the driver and  then  set up a print controlled from  computer via USB cable... all is well and my world is a better place!!

Thanks to all  who  tried to find a solution.