Cura doesn't use settings

I upgraded to RepetierHost 1.5.4 on linux. There seems to be a problem with cura settings. I set extruder temperature to 220°C in the configuration but the produced g code always sets it to 210°C. The travel speed from home to Z15 is also set to F300 (which is very very slow) in the g code, eventhough travel speed and z-travel speed in printer settings are set to 4800mm/min.

I hardcoded the travel speed in the "Start G-Code" section but those settings are not used in final g code.

As far as I could see, the cura settings are stored in ~/.local/share/RepetierHost/cura.ini
I already deleted the directory to make sure no old settings override something, but that didn't solve it.

Are there any other files which store setting?

Comments

• The values are not stored there. This file is generated from your settings once you hit slice. The real code is in ../RepetierHost/CuraEngine/<printername>/...

Make sure to save the settings and also to select the same names in the right you edit on the left. Both do not need to be identical!
  • The settings were correct. I had to replace the cura executable with the cura64 executable in the plugins directory. Size of both executables was the same but md5sum differed.
  • Same problem with the temperatures but on Windows 7 Pro 64. Setting 110 degrees for the bed and 225 degrees for extruder. But when i hit print button it always drops temperatures to 50 for bed and 210 for extruder. I have to pause the printing, rise the temperatures and then go on printing. Other setting apply correctly. What should i do to fix this?
  • CuraEngine has no temperature handling. It comes from the start/end gcode we send explicitly to insert. So have a look at that part of the configuration.
  • ; Default start code
    G28 ; Home extruder
    G1 Z15 F{Z_TRAVEL_SPEED}
    M107 ; Turn off fan
    G90 ; Absolute positioning
    M82 ; Extruder in absolute mode
    {IF_BED}M190 S{BED}
    ; Activate all used extruder
    {IF_EXT0}M104 T0 S{TEMP0}
    G92 E0 ; Reset extruder position
    ; Wait for all used extruders to reach temperature
    {IF_EXT0}M109 T0 S{TEMP0}

Which part of the start code should i edit?
  • {IF_BED}M190 S{BED}
    sets bed temperaturw and uses the temperature from the selected filament. If you have several filaments for multi extruder selects the coldest bed temperature. So check filament bed temperatures or uncomment that line to keep your starting temperature.
  • I'm end up with this code

; Default start code
    M220 S40 ; 40mm print speed
    G28 ; Home extruder
    G1 Z15 F{Z_TRAVEL_SPEED}
    M107 ; Turn off fan
    M190 S110 ; Bed Temp
    {IF_EXT0}M104 T0 220S{TEMP0}
    {IF_EXT0}M109 S220 R230{TEMP0}

I'm sure it's messy but everything is working. Thank you for help.
  • {IF_EXT0}M104 T0 220S{TEMP0}
    should be

and

M220 S40 ; 40mm print speed

sets the speed multiplier to 40% of what you say, so it is only 40mm if you have set speed to 100mm/s. This is more for correcting speed while printing not as general speed definition.
  • edited January 2016
    Now i found another problem. Cura does not apply Infill settings. Always print ~5-10%. And there is no Honeycomb option.
  • It uses the infill you select on the right tab where you start CuraEngine (not cura) and yes it does not have a honycomb infill.
  • Correct - CuraEngine. I found the slider. Didn't realise it is responsible for infill. Thank you again.
  • Hello! I have an issue with CuraEngine ignoring my extrusion speed settings; i have all speeds set for 70 (which is apparently the maximum for the printer). It does the solid bottom layer at the full speed, but when it gets to the "hollow" part it slows down to 15-30% speed, even though i have infill and all perimeter speeds set to 70 (it's a small part that i need to make many of, and now takes 30 minutes instead of around 5..).

Could it be that it has a cooldown time or something? The parts are quite small and i print them "standing up" so the surface area is even smaller. It predicted a faster time when i turned the part on its side, but its shape doesn't support printing like that :-/

I use Repetier host for Minifactory 1.0.6 and slice with CuraEngine.

Thank you!
  • Looks like it must be a cooldown thing, when i placed 30 of them on the bed, the time per part went down to a bit over 6 minutes..
  • having same issue I can manually set the temp but when it starts printing drops to 50deg and i have to retweak it again 

in CuraEngine I have Filaments set for 235deg and 110deg bed 
    but it keeps starting as 210deg 50deg 

I even have these wanted higher temps stored in the EPROM and repetier server 

https://ibb.co/vcc6XPP

; Default start code
    G28 ; Home extruder
    G1 Z15 F{Z_TRAVEL_SPEED}
    M106 ; Turn off fan
    M107 ; Turn off fan
    {IF_BED}M190 S{BED}
    {IF_EXT0}M109 T0 S{TEMP0}

{IF_BED}M190 S{BED}
    isn't this meant to use the temps for the selected filament? 
    but if seems to be constantly reading default ?

also does relative extrusion work instead of absolute extrusion?

M82 ; Extruder in relative mode ?

I have no idea if you are using your 5 year old fork or if you are using the current curaengine that supports relative mode , I am finding my screw holes / mounts the wrong diametre , external squares seem ok 

• The temperatures work. Just note that it takes the filaments selected in the right tab and not the active one on the left. Also you must save the config if you changed it or it will be ignored.

The curaengine is the last 1.x version that is compatible with the configuration format. Afterwards Cura changed to a highly complex system that is not supported.

For a more recent slicer use Prusa Slicer instead.
  • edited August 2020
    ok I will stop trying to use curaengine then , and I almost had it dailed in 

how ever how do I get repetier host to use PrusaSlicer-2.2.0+linux-x64-202003211856.AppImage ? 
  • That version will be supported around september. in new host version Needs some extra tweaks for new/changed options.
  • sad how PrusaSlicer supported OctoPrint but not Repetier Server 

will the new repetier host have a way to flip the GUI image of the print placement  
    currently its all backwards looking from the rear (0.0 location bottom left start point ) and not from the front 
    I would rather see (0.0 Location top right ) as I would be the view looking at the printer 

also will their be a speed slider like cura had or will I have to make a seperate PrusaSlicer profile to select from the drop down menu for each speed setting I would want to use 

also new prints do not seem to send to the server unless no jobs are running ?

I was setting up a lot of seperate calabration tests today and tweaking profiles
    but had to just print out each test seperatly instead of having them placed in new locations to continously print = a lot of cool down / reheating stages 
  • Slicer for server is planned and will come, just it's work intensive the way we want to add it.

0,0 is always left front for all printers. That is just like you look at the printer. Anything else is just a wrong configuration, so there will be no option to rotate or mirror.

You can send jobs while print is running. They will be stored in print queue and not started directly. To start them you select them in print queue and hit print. But you need to clear bed before starting them. Also each job has it's own heat/cool gcode and homing so it not passible to just add them to an existing print. That simply does not work in general and would be quite dangerous.