Get Endstop Status via Web API

I am wondering if there is any possibility to read the end stop states via the Web API. As the action "send" doesn't return any values "M119" doesn't work....

Best regards
Stefan

Comments

• Firmware output has no reference to commands issued so there can be no answer for this. As a module you can subscribe to all firmware answers and check if it is a m119 response and act on it. On the other end you would need to enable logging to get the same data.
  • I am not a 100% sure if I get you right:
    - Creating own modules with the module system API (which requires Pro Version) is possible.
    - Regarding your last sentence: Does it refer to the Web API or also on the module API? If it does refer to the Web API can you please give me an approach example? I already tried to get the information by setting the logLevel to 15

What I tried so far is:
    #1:
    action = activePrinter
    Payload = „printer“:“3DPrinterV2“

#2:
    action = sendMoves

#from then I get the moves at least

#3:
    action = setLogLevel
    Payload = "level":15

#But that unfortunately doesn't sends any more information
    Did I get something wrong?

Best regards
    Stefan

• Option 3 is qhat you want. Do not forget also to send the printer. There might be a typo in docs if i forgot to fix that. Could also be setLoglevel .

But it does not send response directly. All following lines will be send as an event!
  • Awesome, thank you very much!
    So for everyone who's interested:

First step send as action "setLoglevel" --> take care of the typo!
    with payload: {"printer":"3DPrinterV2","level":4} --> replace "3DPrinterV2" with your printer's slug

Maybe you have to try out different log levels, for the Endstops the right level is 4. For those struggling with the numbers:
    1 : Commands
    2 : ACK responses like ok, wait, temperature
    4 : Other responses
    8 : Non maskable messages

You can combine the levels by adding the numbers up, e.g. for all logs it's 1+2+4+8=15

From then you can use the action "send" with payload (in my case): {"cmd":"M119"}

The Web API will answer you with something like that:

Best regards
    Stefan