TMC2100 - Step loose

Hi,
I've recently ordered two TMC2100 for replace the DRV8826 in my corexy based on ramps.
I've set the TMC2100 in 1/16 - spreadCycle, then I've reverse the direction of the motor and change the step/mm for X and Y axis...

I've print the classic test cube,  and now the printer loose a lots of steps...
So I've decrease the acceleration from 1500mm/s to 1000mm/s in X and Y axis, but nothing change...
Actually the jerk on XY is 20, i could try to decrease it and test again...

Could be possible that the quadstepping feature in the firmware are not fully compatible with the TMC2100?
There is some settings/delay for quadstepping and TMC2100?

Thanks

Comments

• Quadstepping just sends 4 steps signals very fast. So depending on the driver specs this might be too fast and you would need to add delays, but that would reduce achievable speed. Also depends on the board (8/32 bit) how fast these signals are.  Not sure what TMC2100 expects here.

Did you change acceleration/jerk in eeprom?
    Also does TMC2100 have same power as old driver? With less power you get less torque and have to be more careful.
  • I've change acceleration from the lcd, and then saved in eeprom...
    TMC2100 could have same power of the old driver, actually i've set to the same correspondent current on motor...

Actually i've set a delay of 2us
    STEPPER_HIGH_DELAY = 2
    Maybe i've to check in the TMC2100 datasheet...
    I was asking if someone has already use this stepper and know what kind of delay work well...

By the way, i don't really need quadstepping...
    The max travel speed is set to 140mm/s, and from this page seems that i could go up to 160 mm/s without quasdstepping...

• Solved removing quadstepping for the moment...
  • I think Repetier was right when he said about "same power as old driver".

The motors should be driven with a proper amount of current, otherwise there will not enough torque and they will miss steps. There is usually a potentiometer on the driver's board to adjust driving current and from what I've read on internet these drives are usually shipped with quite modest default setting which may not be enough for 3D printers.

You should't need to turn off quadstepping (especially if it worked with old drivers) nor you need to adjust acceleration/jerk in the firmware to fix it. You just need to make sure that your new drivers drive motors with the same current as the old ones. There are lots of videos on youtube showing how to adjust current on TMC drivers.

Keep in mind that driving with more current will heat drivers and motors more. So drivers may need a heatsink or even a fan. You should really check the motors' specs to know what the driving current is or make it same is the old drivers did. 

PS: I'm also looking to change to these drivers, but I haven't got them yet, so please take the above with a grain of salt.