Custom Key @autostart_next_job

I would like to add a custom key to tell Repetier-Server to @autostart_next_job.

I have looked at http://forum.repetier.com/discussion/1534 but that only works for gcode.

Comments

• You can only print gcode, so yes it works only for gcode. What do you mean it should also work for?
  • edited June 2017
    Repetier said:
    You can only print gcode, so yes it works only for gcode. What do you mean it should also work for?
    For example, if I stop the printer and take out current print (let's say the first layer starting to peel off) I then want to
    be able to push a key from my printer to start next print in job queue. Any idea on how I should go about it?

I am aware that you can simply push a button from the remote computer running Repetier-Server to start next print job, but a simple custom key on my printer would make thing much easier in my situation.

I have tried to add a custom key to ui.ccp, then added a line to define it in ui.h, and assigned it to pin 57 in uiconfig.h as follow but that would not work since it is not a gcode as you said.  

//ui.ccp
    case UI_ACTION_CUSTOM_KEY:
    GCode::executeFString(PSTR("@autostart_next_job"));
    break;

//ui.h
    #define UI_ACTION_CUSTOM_KEY    1999

//uiconfig.h
    void uiInitKeys() {
      UI_KEYS_INIT_BUTTON_LOW(57); 
    }
    void uiCheckKeys(uint16_t &action) {
      UI_KEYS_BUTTON_LOW(57,UI_ACTION_CUSTOM_KEY);
    }
  • edited June 2017
    Is there any way I can assign a custom push button which is connected to my RAMP1.4 board to tell Repetier-Server to execute server-commands such as @autostart_next_print when being pressed?

• No, you can not inject server commands firmware side. For some functions there are responses that trigger function, but not autostart. You could do this with a lua module that listens to responses and does inject it then. But that requires a bit programming skills. See webpage docs for modules how to write them.