Error:One heater seems decoupled from thermistor - disabling all for safety!

How do I disable protection?
For since this off the bed and estrusor in print. I've lost several hours of printing.

Error:One heater seems decoupled from thermistor - disabling all for safety!

Comments

• #define DRIVE_SYSTEM 3
    #define XAXIS_STEPS_PER_MM 80
    #define YAXIS_STEPS_PER_MM 80
    #define ZAXIS_STEPS_PER_MM 80
    #define EXTRUDER_FAN_COOL_TEMP 50
    #define PDM_FOR_EXTRUDER 0
    #define PDM_FOR_COOLER 0
    #define DECOUPLING_TEST_MAX_HOLD_VARIANCE 20
    #define DECOUPLING_TEST_MIN_TEMP_RISE 1
    #define KILL_IF_SENSOR_DEFECT 0
    #define RETRACT_ON_PAUSE 2
    #define PAUSE_START_COMMANDS ""
    #define PAUSE_END_COMMANDS ""
    #define EXT0_X_OFFSET 0
    #define EXT0_Y_OFFSET 0
    #define EXT0_Z_OFFSET 0
    #define EXT0_STEPS_PER_MM 370
    #define EXT0_TEMPSENSOR_TYPE 1
    #define EXT0_TEMPSENSOR_PIN TEMP_0_PIN
    #define EXT0_HEATER_PIN HEATER_0_PIN
    #define EXT0_STEP_PIN ORIG_E0_STEP_PIN
    #define EXT0_DIR_PIN ORIG_E0_DIR_PIN
    #define EXT0_INVERSE 0
    #define EXT0_ENABLE_PIN ORIG_E0_ENABLE_PIN
    #define EXT0_ENABLE_ON 0
    #define EXT0_MAX_FEEDRATE 50
    #define EXT0_MAX_START_FEEDRATE 20
    #define EXT0_MAX_ACCELERATION 5000
    #define EXT0_HEAT_MANAGER 3
    #define EXT0_WATCHPERIOD 1
    #define EXT0_PID_INTEGRAL_DRIVE_MAX 230
    #define EXT0_PID_INTEGRAL_DRIVE_MIN 40
    #define EXT0_PID_PGAIN_OR_DEAD_TIME 7
    #define EXT0_PID_I 2
    #define EXT0_PID_D 40
    #define EXT0_PID_MAX 255
    #define EXT0_ADVANCE_K 0
    #define EXT0_ADVANCE_L 0
    #define EXT0_ADVANCE_BACKLASH_STEPS 0
    #define EXT0_WAIT_RETRACT_TEMP 150
    #define EXT0_WAIT_RETRACT_UNITS 0
    #define EXT0_SELECT_COMMANDS ""
    #define EXT0_DESELECT_COMMANDS ""
    #define EXT0_EXTRUDER_COOLER_PIN -1
    #define EXT0_EXTRUDER_COOLER_SPEED 255
    #define EXT0_DECOUPLE_TEST_PERIOD 12000
    #define EXT0_JAM_PIN -1
    #define EXT0_JAM_PULLUP 0
  • #define EXT0_DECOUPLE_TEST_PERIOD 0

would disable decoupling test.
  • I got this error last night after assembling a new printer with a dual extruder.  It turns out I had switched the heater power wires of the two nozzles. So the thermistor of nozzle 1 was monitoring nozzle 2 and vice versa. Switching the wires fixed the problem.
  • Hi,
    i am new to this forum. I also got the decoupling error. On my current print 4 times in a row always after about 4h on the same layer at nearby same position. I also was able to observe that a few seconds before the error, the fans started. This leads me to the conclusion that its a deterministic Problem with the PID Controller of the heaters.

Perhaps resetting the PIDs on the first "decouble triggered" would do the job. Or even better if the fans where off for x seconds do reset the PIDs to prevent lazy response.

Cheers

• There is a set tolerance in config when it should be triggered. Fans should not cool extruders but some do so in that case you need to increase the range so the dropdown on fan enable is lower then set tolerance. Then you get no false signals from fan any more.
  • Thanks for that hint. So if i print at 230°C and get a cooldown drop at fan start of 3.8K i would set that value to 50? (5.0K). Is that correct? Is the name of the constant DECOUPLING_TEST_MAX_HOLD_VARIANCE?
  • DECOUPLING_TEST_MAX_HOLD_VARIANCE is in K or degrees change so for 3.8 set it to 5. Default is 20 i think.
    Since you now know when it happens it should be easy to measure the real cooldown and compare. Always leave some safety for these compared to what to expect. With open door in winter it might else trigger then.
  • Hm strange, the value is set to 20 in my configuration.h, so if i get it right it must not trigger at delta t = -3.8K. Is that correct?
  • Yes, that is right if it is holding phase. If it is still in heating phase it is decouple time that defines maximum time to heat 1°C. If you run it from host you should see the first decouple message in log which tells more details on the reason.