Printer starts up but doesn't print

Hi, 

When I start a print, the bed and extruder heat up, however, it homes to x endstop, then doesn't do anything from there. Repetier host says it's printing but doesn't.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Check if you can still send commands like M115 and see response in log. It might be that firmware is stuck waiting for target temperature which would be a classic startup problem when printer is not configured correctly. You must reach target temperatur ebefore print continues so if it stays 2-3°C below it will not start.

• Repetier said:
    Check if you can still send commands like M115 and see response in log. It might be that firmware is stuck waiting for target temperature which would be a classic startup problem when printer is not configured correctly. You must reach target temperatur ebefore print continues so if it stays 2-3°C below it will not start.

I get responses from typing M119, It reaches the taget temperature and proceeds to print, but just on the firmware, while the printer is doing nothing

• "proceeds to print, but just on the firmware, while the printer is doing nothing" 

So are you now printing a gcode or not? That is a contradiction to me.

Setting temperature in manual control uses different commands that return immediately so that is no test.
  • Repetier said:
    "proceeds to print, but just on the firmware, while the printer is doing nothing" 

So are you now printing a gcode or not? That is a contradiction to me.

Setting temperature in manual control uses different commands that return immediately so that is no test.
    I'm printing straight from silcer with start and end Gcode.
  • Great it is working now.
  • Repetier said:
    Great it is working now.
    What? no it doesn't, I'm slicing it with slicer with start and end Gcode, but doesn't actually print, but prints apperently on the software
  • I recommend trying to print using Repetier Host. Printing directly from slic3r might have some gcode conflict. 
  • How shall we help with such sentences: "but doesn't actually print, but prints apperently on the software" ? That says its printing with something, so everything is ok. That is no information what the problem is and especially where. Give informations on what you do, what log says when it does something not and whaat happens and what you do expect to happen.