Restart on dual extrusion

I'm just starting with dual extrusion on a reprap with a chimera hotend. I can print in either color/extruder on it's own just fine. But when I create a profile and slice a model for the left and another for the right (model is the trafic cone), around the 3rd layer or so when the right extruder starts, the machine restarts with the following error msg:

"WARNING: Device unplugged while connected to port

Total build time: 5.06 minutes

WARNING: Device unplugged while connected to port

Disconnected.

Disconnected."

. Any ideas what's going on? Running the latest repetier dev.

Comments

• edited March 2017
    tried via SD card and restarted again, but at a different point

same thing with slic3r gcode through rep host

In the post above I sliced with s3d

• Does the chimare somethingh special like 1 nozzle or shared heater or is it just 2 hotends and 2 motors? Do you have enough free ram? Especially on deltas it tendsto be low causing crashes. Should be 900 byte at least.
  • How do I check free ram?
    The chimera is 2 in 2 out. They just share a heatsink. Your think of the cyclops. That's 2 in 1 out. Aka a mixing extruder.
  • edited March 2017
    Just saw in the log. Free ram 3700. Same things happening on .92
  • Here's a video of what's happening
    https://goo.gl/photos/H3BSdhNyatTeUiZw9

Config at https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApzOdVx9w7haifw1Tc8G1fmHvbuZ6Q

I tried. 92 and dev and same thing. This only happens with dual extrusion. I noticed one I tried with the layer fan turned off and it lasted a 3 min or so longer.

I originally had extruder 0 and 1 fan set to heater pin 3 (the fan on the heatsink not the layer fan). I set extruder fan 1 to disabled and same thing.

I also moved to a 30a PSU. And thing.
  • Config looks quite normal and free ram in enough. What does the log say is the restart reason. Firmware writes this on next startup. That would indicate where to look, e.g. Brown out is hardware while reset and watchdog should be software related.
  • It's a brown out. I put an 80mm fan pointing at the board and it seems ok now. Still testing. The brown out would only happen when the 2nd extruder would start heating up after about a minute
  • Ok, good news for me:-) So after a while the voltage drops if e.g. Both extruders are running same time.
  • edited March 2017
    Or the polyfuse is overheating and falsely going off.

But not a fw issue.