Error: Z-probe failed with 3dTouch

Hi All,

i have an issue with 3Dtouch (clone of BLTouch), the issue is my Z-Probe always reports back Low with an M119. Doesn't matter which pin location I move the endstop too, if i unplugged the probe M119 reports back High.

my board is GT2560, firmware version 1.0.0dev.

Thanks

Comments

• just fitted one of these a few weeks ago.

make sure 
    Enable pullup resistor for probe pin (Z_PROBE_PULLUP) is dissabled
    Probe triggers on high (Z_PROBE_ON_HIGH)  is enabled

• my actual parameter:
    #define Z_PROBE_PULLUP 1
    #define Z_PROBE_ON_HIGH 1

i try to set Z_PROBE_PULLUP to 0.
  • edited March 2017
    MartinH said:
    just fitted one of these a few weeks ago.

make sure 
    Enable pullup resistor for probe pin (Z_PROBE_PULLUP) is dissabled
    Probe triggers on high (Z_PROBE_ON_HIGH)  is enabled

Some problem... the 3Dtouch blinking but the pins dont move with command M340
  • Took me a while to work out the correct pulse widths for lowering/raising the 3dtouch probe

This is what i use for servo output
    M340 P0 S770   ;lowers the probe
    M340 P0 S1320  ;raises the probe

• I use...
    M340 P0 S700; Lower the probe.
    M340 P0 S1500; Raise the probe
    M340 P0 S1800; Enter self test mode.
    M340 P0 S2200; Release alarm, exit self test mode.

I think, the probe only indicates triggered for a short while when it touches a surface after being lowered, or in the error state.
    If you raise the probe, then it is not triggered.
    This makes it difficult to check that the firmware is seeing the trigger.

So, if you lower the probe using M340 P0 S700; then touch it, it should raise, trigger the output to the firmware while the LED is lit, then lower again, ready for the next touch.

If it doesn't automatically lower again, you might need to adjust the pin position using the screw hole in the top.

• i can try to explain my problem:

when i tunr on the printer the 3dtouch probe blinking slow and not start a self test.
    the command M340 not have effect on the 3dtouch probe.

please help me :(
  • Could be a couple of things, Mine did that because it wasn't getting enough 5v power.
    I was powering it from the Endstop connectors power connector, I changed it to use one of the Aux ports power supply.

Also, the pin position may need adjusting.
    See this video...

• Mine does this if i turn the computer on 1st.  It works ok if i turn on the 12 volt power 1st, then the computer.
    I think it is due to the 5volt via USB being a lil under powered.

• edited March 2017
    Could be a couple of things, Mine did that because it wasn't getting enough 5v power.
    I was powering it from the Endstop connectors power connector, I changed it to use one of the Aux ports power supply.

See this video...

thanks, i try.
  • Could be a couple of things, Mine did that because it wasn't getting enough 5v power.

See this video...

Nothing :( same problem, 3dtouch probe blinking slow and not start.
  • Silly idea but...  make sure you enabled servo support in firmware
  • #define FEATURE_SERVO 1
    #define SERVO0_PIN 22
  • Ok, more info needed here i think.

I see you are using a GT2560, as this board does not have a servo output, how and where are you connecting the servo wires ?
    picture may help.

• I don't think Pin 22 is a PWM capable pin on the AtMega2560...  See here... http://arduino.biz.ua/i/ATMEGA2560U.png
    I could only get mine to work on a PWM capable pin.

• this is my wiring:

• Ok,  seems your looking at  a similar guide to what i have read.

Regarding related changes to the Marlin firmware, SERVO0_PIN needs to be set to 13, not 7, as PB7 is on Port B. Not sure how it turns out to be pin 13 as it should logically be on 15 :oops: Regardless of confusion, 13 works for me. Needs to be set in pins.h, under the motherboard 7 section (or just change all assignments to SERVO0 to 13 in this file to be sure)

• now i have flashed with SERVO0 to 13. the 3dtouch make a little flash with command M340 P0 S700 but the pin not exit.I am very sad

• Mine is using Pin 2 for Servo0, which is normally the X-Max pin, so you have to change that in the config as well.
    Check if Pin 13 is being used for anything else in your boards configuration, on my board it is LED_PIN.
    If it's configured to use the same pin for two different jobs, things don't work.

• Ohhhh really idem for me the pin 13 is LED_PIN.
    #define LED_PIN            13

my pin 2 is HEATER_0_PIN
    #define HEATER_0_PIN  2

:(
  • So just dissable the led pin 
    #define LED_PIN   -1
  • edited March 2017
    I have disabled led pin but the issue is not resolved.