Water cooling extruder and peristaltic pump

There is an idea to make a water-cooled extruder using a peristaltic Pumpe. There is an unused driver boards always. It remains only to add the settings to the firmware. The basic setting is the motor speed. It would be nice if it would be possible to change the EEPRUM. You can also add a switch on the motor after 50 degrees Celsius.

Comments

• Why not using a dc motor for a pump, then you could use the cooler pin to enable/disable motor.
  • Repetier said:
    Why not using a dc motor for a pump, then you could use the cooler pin to enable/disable motor.
    Yes, I've used! but such motors more than 2 months are not working, burn! stepper motor is very dependable
  • edited January 2017

Yes, I've used! but such motors more than 2 months are not working, burn! stepper motor is very dependable
    What about the tubes in peristaltic pump ?

also the stepper motor are more "reliable" keep in mind they have lower torque compared to dc motor.
    anyway, peristaltic pumps usually are used for systems you need exact flow.
    impeller pumps as used in fish tanks seem better and they are absolute " long life "and free of maintenance.
    just switch them on/off by relay
  • sorry,took the wrong word , i meant centrifugal pump (whats used in fishtanks).
  • there is still such a moment that, if unregulated molasses will be hypothermia, stepper motor and peristaltic pump is perfect for that!