Informer and filament runout sensor

Hi, can Repetier Informer send a message when filament runout sensor activates M600 procedure, filament change? So far I was able to recognize start and stop printing, even while printing from SD, but Informer ignores completely filament runout signal or manual filament change and takes no notice if I paused the print from the display (it works OK when paused from Repetier).
Is it possible to wake up Informer by sending something from printer firmware?
Sorry for a silly question, I have no real insight into the communication between Repetier and the printer, hopefuly somebody better informed is listening :-)

I use Repetier and Informer on Windows, printer uses newest (7/2016) Marlin 1.1.0 RC BugFix firmware.

Comments

• Firmware can't send anything. Host must do this. With repetier-firmware you could tell host to pause instead of doing internal filament change, then you would get a message.

Does Marlin send any message to host when filamentchange is required? SHould appear in log. In such a case we could add a listener for that response. If so, please copy and paste the marlin response here so we know what to look for.
  • Sorry for delay and many thanks for a quick reaction. Marlin sends a message into host, the same one after both manual and emergency activation of filamentchange. In the hosts log there is a line echo:enqueueing "M600" Would you be able to catch that and send either "pause" or some newly created "filamentchange" message? It would be a big help for me.
  • Catching the message is no problem. Further handling depends a bit on what marlin would do. From a code part I read yesterday I assume that at least last RC does some internal pause by sending out "busy:" so host/server side pause would be not good. Sending a push message is no problem of course. I guess we could take it as severe error and send it if that is enabled.
  • Any kind of error reporting is fine with me. Apart from that, I expect no action done by Host. Thank you!
  • When will the new version of software be available? How will I know it's there?
  • Host should give you a update message.

When I can not say.
  • New version of Host (2.0) is there, but no improvement, still no reaction for M600. I understood the implementation is no problem, am I missing something?
  • What exactly does marlin send on M600 and filament out? Have no such sensor for testing. Knowing it should allow it to be added in 2.0.1.
  • Miji said:
    Sorry for delay and many thanks for a quick reaction. Marlin sends a message into host, the same one after both manual and emergency activation of filamentchange. In the hosts log there is a line echo:enqueueing "M600" Would you be able to catch that and send either "pause" or some newly created "filamentchange" message? It would be a big help for me.
    Do you need any additional information? Copy of log or something?
  • Ok, if that always appears it is good. Have added it for next release.
  • Thank you. If you want to test it, the "Filament change" can be issued manually, directly from Marlin's menu, without any sensor (Marlin 1.1.0 RC BugFix).
  • Hi, I'm running repetier-server pro 0.85.2
    Would it be possible to get push messages about M600 from this as well? I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere.
    And I can confirm that in console repetier-server can read this whenever my runout sensor is triggered: echo:enqueueing "M600"

• Will look at it for next release. Meanwhile you should install our urgent update to 0.86.2.
  • Has this been implemented yet?
  • If you mean push message from Repetier Host then yes, it issues Fatal error and helped me many times (thanks Repetier guys :-). I don't use Repetier Server.
  • Miji said:
    If you mean push message from Repetier Host then yes, it issues Fatal error and helped me many times (thanks Repetier guys :-). I don't use Repetier Server.
    I am not getting any push message for a filament out event. I have all events to notify and get them but nothing for a filament out. Is there something I have to do to get these events?
  • In Repetier Host, Config - Preferences - Push Messages, select Fatal Errors. Do you see
    echo:enqueueing “M600”
    in log part of repetier window? Other push messages are issued normally?
  • Ok, just rechecked for repetier firmware and there was an error in detection string. So for repetier-firmware it should work with next update.
  • I can see the M600 in the logs but nothing happens for me.
    I am using Repetier Server on a Raspbery Pi.
  • Can someone from Repetier confirm that this is supposed to work on the Pi version of Repetier Server?
  • No, server will not do anything on that response for now. Need to add it for next release.
  • Ok Thanks that would be great if it does make it into the next release. Sometimes these filament sensors are not too good and trigger a filament out alert when there is none and then the printer sits there for hours over night maintaining temperature but doing nothing just waiting for you. :(
  • I would also like to see this implemented. 
  • It is already implemented, but unfortunately the regular expression in Marlin.xml in firmwares was wrong. Should be

<response type="outOfFilament">[eE]cho:enqueueing &quot;M600&quot;</response>

will be fixed in next release or you chang eit yourself manually and restart.