Using at execute (@execute) commands

Hi, I'm new to Repetier-Server, and found this documentation about Repetier-Host allowing you to run commands with @execute.

So I'm running Repetier-Server v0.64 on Linux, and in Printer Settings I went to the G-Codes tab, and then went to Event Dependent and entered this in "Run before job"

;@execute /etc/init.d/webcam-timelapse-capture start

But, it didn't actually execute my script...  does Repetier-Server honor these "at symbol" g-code commands?  and is that the right syntax to use it?   Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or if it's not supported, or if it's bugged.

Comments

• Oops, I guess it's version 0.60.4.
  • I haven't been able to get any of the @ commands to work...  I have push messages working, but adding "@pushmessage TEST" to my gcode doesn't send a message.
  • Need to check if ;@ works like in host. @ directly works in any case. Just try @debugcon and you will see a response.

With @execute you need to define the allowed commands in extcommands.xml, see Manual -> advanced themes ->advanced setup on how to define execute commands. 
  • ;@ does in deed not work also it was planned. Fixed it for next version. Until then use pure @ instead.
  • @debugcon and @pushmessage work when I type them in the console...  but they don't seem to work when I put them in lines of the gcode.  

@execute doesn't seem to work at all...  not sure why.
  • You need to send the command name as defined in extcommands.xml not the path to the executable - that is in extcommand already defined.

Will check if host commands in gcode do really not work. They have their own logic so it could be.
  • Okay, that makes sense, I am trying to pass in the path to the executable...  unfortunately I've been doing so through the gcode event dependent event editor inside RepetierServer.  I'm unable to find the extcommands.xml file on the file system.   On Ubuntu it's running from the /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/RepetierServer executable, but there is no extcommands.xml file in the entire /usr/local/Repetier-Server folder hierarchy.  
  • Okay, I found information here: http://www.repetier-server.com/manuals/0.50/index.html

It says I need to create the file at /var/lib/Repetier-Server/database/extcommands.xml

So I'll give that a try, I bet that fixes it

• Yeah, that fixed it, thanks!  

I didn't realize I had to call it by command name in the extcommands.xml file instead of just passing it the path to the executable.

• It is for safety otherwise someone could give you a gcode to print containing nasty commands like delete all. Even with limited privileges some stuff is possible.
  • Yeah, that makes sense.