Bed will not level in print with dozens of trials

Hi,

I've recently configured and uploaded the Repetier firmware on my custom made delta printer. And when I calibrate with changing EEPROM values and endstop heights, it will never have a flat bed. There is always more than 1mm of difference in areas around the bed. I've tried changing Tower endstop offsets, rod length and printer radius values up and down. It will not calibrate right. imageThis is the one of the bed height map I got without auto leveling using the z probe.

imageThis is the bed height with auto leveing.

But when I print with auto leveling the print head moves up and down abruptly when it moves side to side. More than 1mm of height, definitely not as shown on bed height map. Can someone please help me with this problem. Or is there something really obvious I didn't do?

Note: I've down the auto leveling exactly as said from http://www.repetier.com/documentation/repetier-firmware/z-probing/

Comments

• The g code only had x and y movements, but the print head moves jitters up and down though the first layer sometimes jumping up 1mm and down 1mm.
    At the end of the video you might see the jumps where it goes above 1mm and back down.
  • Looks like it happend only on the left side. This can happen if your geometry is not precise or your geometry settings are wrong. The bigger the error, the harder to reduce the effect on software side. You could increase gamma angle and see if that helps. Changing the angle between towers normally had the biggest effect on a single sector.

Images are not visible.
  • Thank you for the response, I will try those
    These are the pictures from the post. Do you think I could change anything from these?
  • Hi, 

After I've calibrated the printer, Is till have the problem of it jumping up and down. I got a closer video on the problem. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Please help this causes my not to print on some places on the bed.

Thank You.

• That pictur eis hard to tell. Pic 1 shows clearly a rotated bed and that goes away quite good. But the left upper edge is something that has nothing to do with bed tilt. I also doubt it is the tower angle. 
    Are your arms all exactly the same length and endings exactly same distance and correctly oriented? If not it might rotate the extruder carriage a bit. Not sure what else could cause such a single point with big deviation.

I see the z correction tries to handle this, but it is normally limited to 1mm and starts reducing compensation at 0.5 I think. With this error this is not enough and you need to increase these values to see a correction when testing like you do. But it will come back at higher places except if you do not reduce it for entire printer height. That might help compensate the problem but with such a big error finding the reason would be better.

Have you tried printing the calibration star 

to make sure rod length and horizontal radius are correct. This is something no zprobe can test.
  • Thanks I will check and adjust and hopefully it will be better.