Copy Settings from one PC to another PC

I posted a thread about a working PC1 that suddenly lost communication and now Repetier does not recognize the printer. COM port works and connected, baud rate etc all checked out but sent commands just sit there.   I also have a second PC2 that i had used before and it still works just fine and I can print fine (M2), so I assume the RAMBO pcb is just fine (both PCs are identical). Reinstalling SW and configurations have not worked. I have no idea what could be wrong and it appears no resolution online can be found just yet.  My thought is there could be a corrupt file(?), so can i copy and replace all the settings and configurations from the good PC2 to the other PC1?  Does any one know if a recent windows update might be to blame?  Would like to solve and understand before PC2 comes down with the same "bug".
Thanks!

Comments

• Configuration is in windows registry (start editor with regedit from command line)

Then it is in path HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/repetier

you can export and import those subtrees in regedit to copy all settings. It might get errors afterwards if your home directory is named differently.

If it only concerns the printer settings which is more safe to copy, check the subdirectories. There is one for each printer.