geeetech GT2560

hi all, 
 i just got geeetech GT2560 and have no clue or can find any info on it as in what board do ya pick in the firmware in repetier host dose anyone
have a clue would help out big time thanks

Comments

• The GT2560 is supposedly Ultimaker Pin-Compatible.  I say supposedly because I have not been able to get the LCD working with Repetier Firmware.  It does work with Marlin, so you can have a look at the marlin settings to compare.  Be aware that marlin(7) numbers boards differently that Repetier(37)
  • If you go to Geeetch's web site they have Marlin firmware for the GT2560 for download.
  • smartcontroller should work now with retier firmware. The geetech had just a different sd detect pin then defined.
  • i have this board, my daughter is using it for a science project.
    it will run with 'repetier choose amtel 8 processor/ultimaker shield 1.5.7'

display (forr her particular delta) 'smart controller from reprapdiscount on ramps or rumba'

will compile and work fine, to get you started. However, be aware of a couple of caveats...

resist the temptation to define fan_2,  thermistor_fan or the dig-pots unless you have added a bunch definitions to pins.h etc.

digi pot config should work like RamBo , but i don't have a map/config that works for her.

i tried adding: 

// Microstep setting (Only functional when stepper driver microstep pins are connected to MCU.

#define MICROSTEP_MODES {16,16,16,16,16} // [1,2,4,8,16]

// Motor Current setting (Only functional when motor driver current ref pins are connected to a digital trimpot on supported boards)

#define DIGIPOT_MOTOR_CURRENT {135,135,135,135,135} // Values 0-255 (RAMBO 135 = ~0.75A, 185 = ~1A)

// uncomment to enable an I2C based DIGIPOT like on the Azteeg X3 Pro

#define DIGIPOT_I2C

// Number of channels available for I2C digipot, For Azteeg X3 Pro we have 8

#define DIGIPOT_I2C_NUM_CHANNELS 8

// actual motor currents in Amps, need as many here as DIGIPOT_I2C_NUM_CHANNELS

#define DIGIPOT_I2C_MOTOR_CURRENTS {1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0}

in the manual section at the end of the config tool, but it would not compile, IDE complained about undefined pins.

second, i can't control the pwm fan yet for her either, tried selecting fan_2 in the config tool, same error.

third, forget about controlling all those fan ports independently, they are not discrete. according to GEEEtech in their forums, and the schematic all those ports are in parallel. controlled by Vin when its on, so are they.

Vin is power to the IC2 LM117(voltage regulator for PWM_FAN) when its on at any speed, they run at full power.

third, i have the schematic, and the marlin they suggest downloading, but haven't been able to reverse engineer it for repetier FW. i am sure it would be 5 min work for someone familiar with building a custom board mapping, but i haven't been having much luck

this is the GT2560 schematic link