Preview tab stop Repetier Host

After I load a gcode print it shows on the table. If I click on any other tab and then come back to preview it says Repetier has encountered a problem and must close. I can switch to any other tab without problems, but the preview crashes.

If I do this before I load a print all is well with all tabs. What do I have set wrong?? I have downloaded the latest 2 times now and it reacts the same. Any help here??

Comments

• To save memory host deletes models in video ram when you leave the tab and rebuilds it when you come back. This normally (means on all my computers and many others) works without problem. It is still not clear why a few users have that problem. Can you please tell in detail (os, graphic card, openGL driver version,..) what computer you use and if it is with all models or only bigger ones. Are there any messages in the log windows at the bottom (easy mode off, toggle log). I guess as soon as we know where/why it happens, we will be able to fix it.
  • Thanks for the reply.
    I am using a Dell T3400, Intel Core2 Duo, 4 gig of ram.
    Graphics card is what ever is on the mother board.
    OS is Windows 7 Home Pro.
    It happens on all models.
    When it crashes it closes. So no messages there. When you reopen is says:
    OpenGL version 1.1.0
    OpenGL extension: GL_Win_Swap_hint_ GL_extention_bgra GL_Ext_platted_texture
    OpenGL renderer: GDI Generic
    Fast VBOs for rendering not supported. Using slower default method.

That's all I got.
    Bob Keyes
  • That is interesting. You have no OpenGL driver. It uses the generic windows driver which is a very old version (1.1) not beeing able to use fast rendering methods.

Your graphic card is nVIDIA Quadro FX

You should try to find a OpenGL driver for that graphic card with version 1.5 or higher.