Full u8g lib?

Hi All,

Is there a reason for the cut down u8g lib used in the firmware?

It would be really nice to have the full u8g lib as that would make things easier when connecting other LCD displays.

Thank you,
Errol

Comments

• The reason is simplicity. There is no need to install u8glib with Repetier-Firmware. For new drivers we only need to copy the driver part at the end of u8glib.h. Everything else is already included in the u8glib.h.
  • Any reason why the lib can not be included and shipped with the Repetier source? I have not looked at the license agreements, so I don't know if that is not allowed.

I have added support for the SSD1306 Oled driver, copied from u8glib, which is so much faster than the ST7920 based display. The SSD1306 requires only 1 byte per 8 pixels, unlike the ST7920 which requires 3 bytes for every 8 pixels.

It did require a few functions, like SPI functions and such.

I assume that very few users connect custom displays, so this will benefit very few anyway.
  • Bundling is not the issue, we already bundle it but compressed as 1 file. Arduino file management is awfull and shows all files and u8glib has a lot of files. So we would end up with more u8glib files then repetier files in firmware.

And yes, most use available displays optimized for their boards. Easy and no knowledge required that way:-)

• Arduino file management is awfull and shows all files and u8glib has a lot of files.
    Can't argue with that... :-)