Aditional Motor Control

Hi all,
I wanted to know if it is possible to use additional motors (other than the X,Y,Z and the Extruder) and be able to control them individually? I currently use a Rumba and it has provisions for additional motors.
I am not an expert in programming, so it would be grateful if anyone could help in this regards

Thanks in advance
Ajit

Comments

• Firmware does currently have no support for this. Hosts will also not support this as there are no printing functions that require it. I guess you need it for some extra features. In that case you need to write your extra gcodes to control it, but that is easy if you look at existing commands in commands.cpp.
  • I am considering trying to add an extra motor too. But that will impact a lot of the firmware as the movement planner and motion engine will be affected.

Anyway, I want to see if I can get an "automatic printed part removal" thingy going.

For that I want to have a metal squeegee that can be dragged across the print bed after the bed has cooled and the parts have detached.

Ending GCODE can be added by the slicer to squeegee the bed. That would be most useful when used with Repetier Server when printing remotely. :)

• The latest 0.92 now supports 4 additional motors. See Driver.h for more infos. These can be controlled with different commands and will not be drivern by motion planner. So these should only run when no motion occure, like your bed clear fucntion or extruder switches.
  • Wow! This is great!

I only see the defines at the bottom of the configuration.h file now. I'm so used to copying my old config file into the new source, that I miss new additions... :)
  • And it is a open interface allowing new drivers to be added in case it is no stepper or needs some special other things.
    You can combine this with the new event system to get extra drivers added and included.