Extruder motor won't go

2»

Comments

• Yes, that's the one I meant. Just don't enable heaters with that setting! Only cold extrusion for testing.
  • hi repetier! 
     i am having a similar problem, im running a rambo 1.3 w/ repetier 1.0.6. the extruder and bed heat fine, and i can manually extrude filament no problem. but when i run a print the extruder just dosent move. ive reflashed it, tried different printer cables, dry run is off, the temps are reached, the thermistors are connected and the gcode . this has happened before and i just unplugged everything, walked away from it, and came back 4 days later and everything started up and printed fine(weird). now the problem is back.
  • *gcode looks fine

• In these cases always check your log if there are some hints.

Also make sure the gcode flavour is correct. Some flavours don't use E but A for extrusion which will not work. Since printing and manually extruding is effectively the same this is the only thing making sense with current informations.
  • OK, so, I am still having some extruder issues. Manual extrusion works and one printer/extruder setting actually works (the default settings) but even if I don't change anything and save it as a new setting and use that setting, the extruder, again, does not extrude. Really confused on this one. Need to get it to work to change print from 400 microns to 100
  • I recently had a similar problem after a update. In eeprom it did not update all new parameter so it did not work. So changing eeprom mode to force re initalization would maybe the easiest way. Or check in host if all eeprom settings make sense. In my case autoretraction was 255 and not 0 - which was the new feature not initalized. That caused strange issues not always beeing able to extruder.
  • Same here. I have tried Azteeg X3 and RUMBA with same results.
    FIRMWARE_NAME:Repetier_0.92.4
    Extruder will extrude for a short time and then quit.
    I'm not in dry run, and testing with full temp and proper thermistor.
    I've uploaded in eeprom mode 0, 1 & 2 to assure the code/parameters are downloaded.

Did swapping to EXT1 work for anyone?
    #define E0_PINS ORIG_E1_STEP_PIN,ORIG_E1_DIR_PIN,ORIG_E1_ENABLE_PIN,

• Sorry all, i appear to have a burnt out Stepper Motor!
    *********************************************************************************************************
    Same here. I have tried Azteeg X3 and RUMBA with same results.FIRMWARE_NAME:Repetier_0.92.4Extruder will extrude for a short time and then quit.I'm not in dry run, and testing with full temp and proper thermistor.I've uploaded in eeprom mode 0, 1 & 2 to assure the code/parameters are downloaded.
    Did swapping to EXT1 work for anyone?#define E0_PINS ORIG_E1_STEP_PIN,ORIG_E1_DIR_PIN,ORIG_E1_ENABLE_PIN,*********************************************************************************************************Sorry all, i appear to have a burnt out Stepper Motor!
    As i've never seen how a bad stepper motor behaves, it appeared as so many other issues from different threads.
    Ultimately i used "M302 S1" with a different motor attached to E0 and it moves like a charm.Using "M302 S1" on the original and removing the filament, it would stutter and would sometimes move and other times jitter,

• Hi, manual extrude was not work when I changed from 0.927 to 0.928 firm.
    I change back to 0.927 now.
    Is there any change ??

• No extruder change. I'm still using the same upgraded configs on 0.92.8 without problems. What board/drive system do you have?
  • edited March 2016
    Ramps 1.4
    Delta Machine(DLT-180)
    I changed driver to TMC2100

Commands.cpp Line 1375,1445
    #if defined(Z_PROBE_MIN_TEMPERATURE) && Z_PROBE_MIN_TEMPERATURE
    should be
    #if defined(Z_PROBE_MIN_TEMPERATURE) && Z_PROBE_MIN_TEMPERATURE && Z_PROBE_REQUIRES_HEATING

isn't it ?
  • I changed x,y,z Drivers to TMC2100 from DRV8825, but leave extruder driver as DRV8825.
    Above #if is not  related with this issue.
    Now I change back to 9.27, and it is working.

• Hi all, I have had a similar issue with my Rostock Delta, I am using Repetier-Host and Repetier 92.8 firmware.
    My extruder stepper would not move forward in Manual Mode using R-H and it would only retract 1mm . 
    I had homed my machine.I noticed that my Z height number would go from Black to Red when I tried to manually move the "at temperature" extruder.
    BUT it would print under program control. I also tried other programs to print with, same-same.
    I was looking at my EEPROM settings and found that X max length and Y max length were the same but did not match my Z max length. (for some reason). 
    I made them the same and "Viola!" manual control was back!
    I also found another interesting thing, I had set my Z max height in the frimware and then I set it using the Graphic Control Panel. The number became lower but was not changed in EEPROM on the menu. That's why it was going red. I made it correct to match the actual Z-max and it stayed Black.
  • Oops, I apologize.
    Please disregard my preceeding post, I don't think the information in it is accurate. 
    Again. please disregard
  • Hi, I have the same problem.
    The printer works fine, but any command with extrusion in it is ignored. Hardware is working fine (moving the motors manually with a small sketch works). I checked for coldextrusion (is set at 150, hotend is at 210°C), drymode is off, eeprom is cleared. I'm using the e3d cyclops mixing extruder. 
    When starting a print, z-probing and heatup work, but with the first command that extrudes the print head stops moving. The % of print completion rises slowly to 100 and then the print head moves to the end position. manual extrusion in menu or with repetier host seem to be ignored too. Does anybody have an idea?

Here is my config.h: http://pastebin.com/syj5kWTN
    thanks!
  • Hi guys, I have the extruder problem again. It will print but retraction does not work at all. Manual control using Repetier-Host does not work. Initially the extruder seems to move in one direction than will move no more and it then will move the opposite direction and will move no more. The amount of movement is very slight no matter what amount I wish to extrude/retract.
    BUT, using my attached LCD control panel I have complete movement with no problem in either direction.
    Tried printing from SDCard. Checked g-code for retractions it was there,but no retractions during print.
    I was leaning towards an issue with my Arduino/RAMPS board physical connection.But going through LCD control panel the extruder works both ways. I am pretty sure that uses firmware also.
    Swapped the Arduino board reflashed. Same issue 
  • Well, I figured my problem out. I had Enable Retraction Conversion set to 1 (true) in firmware. I went to reflash and decided to make a new set of firmware using the on line tool and I actually read where it talked about this. I left it off and now all is well.
  • I'm having trouble with extruding as well.  

I have firmware 92.8. on a Arduino Due and Ramps-FD board.  I can't get the extruder motor to move at all.

I know this board is a POS, but I bought it anyway.  Everything else is working fine. Cold extrusion is allowed and dry run is off.
  • Never mind...I wasn't paying attention to the arrows on the boards where the stepper driver goes in.
  • Hi, 92.9 works !
  • hi can any one suggest
    I too facing with same error (EXTRUDER MOTOR NOT WORKING)R-H0.92

• Which errors did you already exclude? Cold extrusion/wrong enable signal level/wrong stepper driver/defect driver or cable??? That do you do and what is happening?