Heatbed

Hi,

i have a repetier/kossel utwith a heatbed.

I use 2 PU of 12v 7AMP one for the arduino and one for the heatbed, the hetbed is 100W silicone. i use the on/off setting and I am using the 0.92v from last friday

I can setup de temperature for exemple 60deg C and the heatbed gets there but when it starts to print if the tempereture drops, it can not revover to the temperature, this will cause a def error and the cut of all power on the heatbed and extruder.

Can somebody help me on this, i can not understand why this is happening.

thank you in advance

Comments

• So you are using a 84W PU for a 100W bed. Could it be that the PU turns off and refuses to go on again? Please check bed output in host. If it shows output on and temp. goes down it might be the problem. Also check the log message. There is a def and dec error which is different. def is when thermistor gets a short or is not connected. dec comes if a decoupling is detected, e.g. heating without temp. rising.
  • You were 100% right :-)

I switched the PU and this stoped, probably one of them shuts down and couses the DEC that turns all power down for safety.

Will will buy a better PU soon, this is my first kossel, i am learning and i expect to build a second one were all problems spoted with the first are corrected.

Thank you agin for your support