Centering of prints

I'm using Rep Host connected via Rep Server and slice with Slic3r, printing on Anet A8 (one extruder). I have configured Anet A8 in Host's printer settings. In tab  "Druckerform" (Printer form). I tried various settings there in order to center the print in ther middle of the bed. But I couldn't find the correct handles to move the output. Oh - I center the object in object placement before slicing.
Which parameters  are there to center the output print in the middle of the bed.
BTW, I'm using Marlin - Skynet as firmware.

Comments

• If you are using a older host version you have an option to preserve object position in slic3r, otherwise slic3r will autoarrange the objects (ok it does this anyway but we have a solution for this). So in output it should appear at same position - at least if you have in slic3r defined the same printer shape for the printer.
  • Repetier said:
    If you are using a older host version you have an option to preserve object position in slic3r, otherwise slic3r will autoarrange the objects (ok it does this anyway but we have a solution for this). So in output it should appear at same position - at least if you have in slic3r defined the same printer shape for the printer.
    I'm using Rep Host 2.0.2 and yes - when I center in object placemant, the output appears at same position. Only this is not in the middle. My workaround now is to move the object in the object placement screen a definite amount everytime before I slice; but what I want is a permanent solution. BTW, I'm 45 mm off center in x (to the right), and 40 mm off in y (to the back).
  • In slic3r configuration/settings/printersettings under 'general' click bed shape set button,  make sure your bed shape matches what you have in firmware and RH bed shape
  • If it appears after slicing at same position everything is working right. If the output does not appear where you expect, then printer has different coordinates as you defined in host settings. Host shows origin as big dot on bed and each line is 10mm, so you can compare with firmware positions.