Craftbot 2

Repetier server and the combination with a Craftbot 2 are NOT working. Does not seems to make a difference which slicer I use. The uploaded G-code to Repetier server is not sending the right commands to my Craftbot 2. 

When i use Astroprint or Octoprint all prints are o.k. -> time to downgrade

Comments

• Do you have communication with firmware at all? Same gcode should have same effect as it only gets send to printer.
  • Repetier said:
    Do you have communication with firmware at all? Same gcode should have same effect as it only gets send to printer.
    Yes there is communication but as an example, the Craftbot is hanging during printing in the first layer and does not wait until the right temperature has been reached.
  • Did you us ethe right temperture command for heating?
    M104 will not wait and
    M109 should wait. So in slicer you should set M109 for this and of course hope that te printer has implemented it correctly.

• From the g-code (standard)

; GCode generated by CraftWare

M190 S70 ;set bed temp (wait)
    M109 S245 ;set head temp (wait)

• Ok, so that being send should make printer wait until temperature is reached.
  • And that is not happening, the printer is starting with a cold nozzle and bed. I have the feeling that Repetier is not ''talking'' correctly with the printer. Perhaps a crash in firmware??
  • If firmware responds with ok it accepted the g code and should do what it is supposed to do with the gcode. If it does not wait with M109 it is a firmware issue as firmware is responsible to wait until temp. is reached.

You could test communication in console with some simple comamnds like
    M115
    M114
    M119

which are supposed to return a response if they follow the normal g-code specs for reprap like printer firmwares. But it seems to be a own development so I can not say if it behaves like this. Select marlin as firmware type as I do not think it understands repetier protocol.
  • Thanks, I already tried this. And, again if I use octoprint there are no problems at all.
  • Repetier said:
    If firmware responds with ok it accepted the g code and should do what it is supposed to do with the gcode. If it does not wait with M109 it is a firmware issue as firmware is responsible to wait until temp. is reached.

You could test communication in console with some simple comamnds like
    M115
    M114
    M119

which are supposed to return a response if they follow the normal g-code specs for reprap like printer firmwares. But it seems to be a own development so I can not say if it behaves like this. Select marlin as firmware type as I do not think it understands repetier protocol.
    Also as help to you, the fan on/off is not working in the printer dashboard. With Octoprint I can start the fan from the dashboard.