Davinci 1.0 Arduino Due driver

I have a Davinci 1.0 flashed with Repetier firmware and it's been printing great for a couple years now. The PC that was hosting this printer was running slow, and started having issues, so I built up a new PC with a freshly installed OS (Win7 32 bit) and installed Repetier-Server, Repetier-Host, and Arduino IDE. When connecting the printer to USB, the new PC doesn't find the correct driver for the device (It lists it as an Arduino Due in Device Manager, but with a yellow exclamation point). I have tried downloading different versions of the Arduino IDE, but none of them ever supply the correct driver to make Device Manager happy and assign a COM port to it.

Help! How do I obtain the correct drivers for this printer?

Comments

• As far as I know the arduino ID never changed so all versions should work when you installed the drivers as well. Could it be that Davinci has it's own version of drivers? For windows this is required if the reported ID does not match the one from drivers.

In case you don't find where the driver came from, try a raspberry pi 3 - in linux you do not need to install a serial driver and server runs on it. YOu could still use host to control the printer.
  • Ok, I wanted to update everyone on what I found and how I fixed this. Hopefully it will help someone else with the same issue.
    I decided to go back to my days of laptop repair, when certain brands had hard to find drivers. I located the vendor and product IDs (2341 and 003E respectively) of the Arduino Due in device manager, and googled them. That took me to this thread on th Arduino forum: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=131100.0 where someone was having a similar issue with actual Arduino boards. The fix is to make ANY arduino driver version match the hardware you have by changing the vendor ID/product ID to be a less accurate match, causing the driver to match the hardware more loosely. I used the 1.6.1 version that I had recently downloaded, edited the arduino.inf file, and changed the following lines:

[DeviceList]
    %DESCRIPTION%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_2341&PID_003E&MI_00

[DeviceList.NTamd64]
    %DESCRIPTION%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_2341&PID_003E&MI_00

to this:

[DeviceList]
    %DESCRIPTION%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_2341&PID_003E

[DeviceList.NTamd64]
    %DESCRIPTION%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_2341&PID_003E

I saved the inf file as a different name, then deleted the device in device manager and hit rescan. This time it found a driver match and installed it, assigning the printer USB to COM3. YAY! I was in. From that point, setting up Repetier-Server the rest of the way was a piece of cake.

Happy to be printing again!