manual bedlevel

2»

Comments

• without Z correction i know my Z height is spot on correct so i assume that i should just leave that alone

i corrected Z_PROBE_HEIGHT to 6,585 as it between where it triggers and release

the funny thing is that i still touch the bed at 0.7mm

so i need to fix that... i assume i should change my probe height to arround 5,885 correct?

next, since G32 S2 is unknown command and G33 S2 does not home up after the last probe have i done it wrong?
  • A bit success on the 0.7mm issue... i did change my probe height to 5.885 and nozzle is now touching at about 0.1mm

i have a set of spark plug feeler blades that i will use to get it precise.... they are much more precise than paper method since i can see the thickness of the blade

as why it does not home up after G33 S2 i dont know.... G32 S2 did not work, but that might be because i dont have auto level enabled only disortion correction... 

• 17:44:39.549: Unknown command:N23999 G32 S2
    means you have no autoelevel support compiled in. 

With G33 make sure to use the right z probe height. Ideally the average is around 0 of all corrections especially if not using G32. Then adjust z length so Z=0 is where you need it. 

As you already said increasing z length lets you hit earlier and the other way around it works the same.
  • boelle said:
    A bit success on the 0.7mm issue... i did change my probe height to 5.885 and nozzle is now touching at about 0.1mm

i have a set of spark plug feeler blades that i will use to get it precise.... they are much more precise than paper method since i can see the thickness of the blade

as why it does not home up after G33 S2 i dont know.... G32 S2 did not work, but that might be because i dont have auto level enabled only disortion correction... 

What height do you test with the feeler guage?