Print support Tabs to edge of printing plate to clamp model to plate

Suggestion to make prints perfect or almost perfect ;) 

We can all have the problem 3+ hours into a print and a side detaches from the glue on the plate and then the model is warped/ruined. What if Repetier Host can calculate support tabs to add to a model that extend out to the edge of the printing plate so the model can be clamped/clipped or screwed to the plate after the tabs have been printed.. this would ensure no or less warping on bigger projects and the tabs would just be cut off or detached later.  Yes some of us could just model something with tabs on but that would involve reworking each model.. but many don't have the tools, time or the know how to model.   I feel this feature would be essential on large builds..the repetition/vibration of the hotend it seems detaches models from the printing surface, how many prints and hours should we continue to loose? 

Comments

• edited January 2015
    An additional thought.. If there was a thin rim around the base, magnets on the lip and under the plate might help fasten the model and then there may not need to have to print out big tabs. Both methods separately could be needed for different projects.

A wide model with no room for tabs on the outside might have room on the inside to place magnets to clip to the printing plate and vice versa.

I understand the possibility that heatbeds might actually destroy the magnets.. I don't know what the temperature threshold is that would cause a magnet to become permanently disabled.
  • Slicers have a option that does it similar. It is called brim and adds one layer with extra filament that makes the model stick to the bed. Advantage is that it is easy to remove and it prevents warping or loosening. For hard problems you can use a raft which is also easy to remove if configured right.