Repeiter Version upgrade questions

Hello... I am new to 3D Printing and this Repetier Software. I have a few questions about the Software.

First... The printer I have is a FLSun Kossel. It seems that the version of Repetier they shipped with my Printer is  (1.0.6) and the Arduino Marlin version is (1.6.1).

So far everything with the printer seems to work OK but I am having a few issues with the Auto Leveling. In researching how to improve it I have been seeing a lot of things dealing with commands through G Code & M Code that for me seems to do nothing. For example: (G30, G31, G32, G131, G132, M320, M321, M321, etc., etc.,) So.... In researching further through the Marlin Files I noticed that they are not even listed. I guess they are not installed.
This is the list I found and it was under Marlin_main.cpp

------------------------------------------------------
//Implemented Codes
//-------------------
// G0  -> G1
// G1  - Coordinated Movement X Y Z E
// G2  - CW ARC
// G3  - CCW ARC
// G4  - Dwell S<seconds> or P<milliseconds>
// G10 - retract filament according to settings of M207
// G11 - retract recover filament according to settings of M208
// G28 - Home all Axis
// G29 - Calibrate print surface with automatic Z probe
// G90 - Use Absolute Coordinates
// G91 - Use Relative Coordinates
// G92 - Set current position to cordinates given

// M Codes
// M0   - Unconditional stop - Wait for user to press a button on the LCD (Only if ULTRA_LCD is enabled)
// M1   - Same as M0
// M17  - Enable/Power all stepper motors
// M18  - Disable all stepper motors; same as M84
// M20  - List SD card
// M21  - Init SD card
// M22  - Release SD card
// M23  - Select SD file (M23 filename.g)
// M24  - Start/resume SD print
// M25  - Pause SD print
// M26  - Set SD position in bytes (M26 S12345)
// M27  - Report SD print status
// M28  - Start SD write (M28 filename.g)
// M29  - Stop SD write
// M30  - Delete file from SD (M30 filename.g)
// M31  - Output time since last M109 or SD card start to serial
// M32  - Select file and start SD print (Can be used when printing from SD card)
// M42  - Change pin status via gcode Use M42 Px Sy to set pin x to value y, when omitting Px the onboard led will be used.
// M80  - Turn on Power Supply
// M81  - Turn off Power Supply
// M82  - Set E codes absolute (default)
// M83  - Set E codes relative while in Absolute Coordinates (G90) mode
// M84  - Disable steppers until next move,
//        or use S<seconds> to specify an inactivity timeout, after which the steppers will be disabled.  S0 to disable the timeout.
// M85  - Set inactivity shutdown timer with parameter S<seconds>. To disable set zero (default)
// M92  - Set axis_steps_per_unit - same syntax as G92
// M104 - Set extruder target temp
// M105 - Read current temp
// M106 - Fan on
// M107 - Fan off
// M109 - Sxxx Wait for extruder current temp to reach target temp. Waits only when heating
//        Rxxx Wait for extruder current temp to reach target temp. Waits when heating and cooling
// M114 - Output current position to serial port
// M115 - Capabilities string
// M117 - display message
// M119 - Output Endstop status to serial port
// M126 - Solenoid Air Valve Open (BariCUDA support by jmil)
// M127 - Solenoid Air Valve Closed (BariCUDA vent to atmospheric pressure by jmil)
// M128 - EtoP Open (BariCUDA EtoP = electricity to air pressure transducer by jmil)
// M129 - EtoP Closed (BariCUDA EtoP = electricity to air pressure transducer by jmil)
// M140 - Set bed target temp
// M190 - Sxxx Wait for bed current temp to reach target temp. Waits only when heating
//        Rxxx Wait for bed current temp to reach target temp. Waits when heating and cooling
// M200 - Set filament diameter
// M201 - Set max acceleration in units/s^2 for print moves (M201 X1000 Y1000)
// M202 - Set max acceleration in units/s^2 for travel moves (M202 X1000 Y1000) Unused in Marlin!!
// M203 - Set maximum feedrate that your machine can sustain (M203 X200 Y200 Z300 E10000) in mm/sec
// M204 - Set default acceleration: S normal moves T filament only moves (M204 S3000 T7000) im mm/sec^2  also sets minimum segment time in ms (B20000) to prevent buffer underruns and M20 minimum feedrate
// M205 -  advanced settings:  minimum travel speed S=while printing T=travel only,  B=minimum segment time X= maximum xy jerk, Z=maximum Z jerk, E=maximum E jerk
// M206 - set additional homeing offset
// M207 - set retract length S[positive mm] F[feedrate mm/sec] Z[additional zlift/hop]
// M208 - set recover=unretract length S[positive mm surplus to the M207 S*] F[feedrate mm/sec]
// M209 - S<1=true/0=false> enable automatic retract detect if the slicer did not support G10/11: every normal extrude-only move will be classified as retract depending on the direction.
// M218 - set hotend offset (in mm): T<extruder_number> X<offset_on_X> Y<offset_on_Y>
// M220 S<factor in percent>- set speed factor override percentage
// M221 S<factor in percent>- set extrude factor override percentage
// M240 - Trigger a camera to take a photograph
// M250 - Set LCD contrast C<contrast value> (value 0..63)
// M280 - set servo position absolute. P: servo index, S: angle or microseconds
// M300 - Play beepsound S<frequency Hz> P<duration ms>
// M301 - Set PID parameters P I and D
// M302 - Allow cold extrudes, or set the minimum extrude S<temperature>.
// M303 - PID relay autotune S<temperature> sets the target temperature. (default target temperature = 150C)
// M304 - Set bed PID parameters P I and D
// M400 - Finish all moves
// M500 - stores paramters in EEPROM
// M501 - reads parameters from EEPROM (if you need reset them after you changed them temporarily).
// M502 - reverts to the default "factory settings".  You still need to store them in EEPROM afterwards if you want to.
// M503 - print the current settings (from memory not from eeprom)
// M540 - Use S[0|1] to enable or disable the stop SD card print on endstop hit (requires ABORT_ON_ENDSTOP_HIT_FEATURE_ENABLED)
// M600 - Pause for filament change X[pos] Y[pos] Z[relative lift] E[initial retract] L[later retract distance for removal]
// M605 - Set dual x-carriage movement mode: S<mode> [ X<duplication x-offset> R<duplication temp offset> ]
// M907 - Set digital trimpot motor current using axis codes.
// M908 - Control digital trimpot directly.
// M350 - Set microstepping mode.
// M351 - Toggle MS1 MS2 pins directly.
// M928 - Start SD logging (M928 filename.g) - ended by M29
// M999 - Restart after being stopped by error

-------------------------------------------------

So realizing this I have come to the conclusion that my Printer may just be out of date. I believe it is setup with outdated code so all the Auto Leveling and other things I have been learning about and trying are doing nothing for me. Like for instance when I run the G29 S2 that it does not really fix anything. The printer still seems to be Out of Level across the build plate. This got me to start looking for the AutoLeveling code to see if it was like what you list on your site to see if I even had it enabled. But I couldn't seem to find much on it. In fact the only line in the Configuration.h that I found is this:
----------------------------------
#define AUTOLEVEL_GRID 24  // Distance between autolevel Z probing points, should be less than print surface radius/3.
----------------------------------

This brings me to some Questions.

1) Will upgrading my Repetier to the latest version (1.6.2) help in fixing a lot of this?

2) Can Repetier actually update the Marlin Code from within it, such as will I be able to add all the G Code & M Code that I am missing as well as the Z-Probing code that I noticed on your sites page where you explain about it?

3) I noticed that you have a Firmware Configuration Tool on your site. Is using that tool what I need to fix the Marlin Code? Basically will that tool rebuild the entire Firmware needed to install onto my Printer's Board and does it build that for the latest version of Marlin?
(A Side Note on this question: The Marlin Firmware I had supplied for my Printer will not work / upload with the newer versions of Marlin. It only seems to work in Marlin (1.6.1). That is why I am wondering if the Firmware Configuration Tool will build an complete new firmware for the latest version of Marlin.)

Any help in learning more about this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Marlin firmware code is writen and supported by the reprap group, nothing to do with Repetier, however, repetier host will work with marlin firmware.

Repetier firmware is repetier's version of marlin (personally i prefer repetier firmware,its a lot more stable).

Marlin and Repetier  have some differences in what G/M codes are used, there is a good wiki on these here

I suspect the firmware you have on your printer is a FLsun doctored version off an old Marlin firmware.

Yes, the Repetier firmware configuration tool will build a complete new repetier firmware (use the 'dev' version) 
    you will need to know what settings to enter into the tool, like steps/mm for x y z e steppers, thermistor types , type of endstops etc.
    Then when finished, download and reprogram your board using the Arduino software
    umm, what controller board is used in your printer ? best make sure it is supported before trying to upload to it :)
  • Thanks for the Info.

My board is a (MKS Gen_L V1.0). I select the Mega 2560 when setting everything up. In Marlin my firmware uses option 33.
    ------------------------------
    33 = RAMPS 1.3 / 1.4 (Power outputs: Extruder, Fan, Bed)
    ------------------------------
    So hopefully it should be supported. If not, well... I just upgrade it. :)

Well.... I guess I'll have to start doing some research and calculations on my setup so that I can use the Configuration Tool.

Thanks again for the info. It was very helpful. ;)

• RAMPS is th emost widely used board so it is surely supported  :D