Z Axis not working

Hello All,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am using a Ramps 1.4 controller, both X and Y work flawlessly but The Z axis and the feed stepper do not want to move. I have ran the Ramps test software and all motors work flawlessly. I have tried swapping out drivers an motors but can not seem to get it to work. I have also tied some different setting that I looked online for but none seem to work.  Any advise or guidance on what I might be able to try will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Romaytech

Comments

• Solved!

In the configuration.h I had to change: 

#define ENDSTOP_Z_MIN_INVERTING true

TO:

#define ENDSTOP_Z_MIN_INVERTING false

working good now but still have to test the feeder stepper.

Thank You
  • If you are using 0.92 send M302 S1 to enable cold extrusion. Or heat up extruder as it only moves motor if hot. Moving cold extruders is normally a error and thus is prevented.
  • Hello.
    Am new at this to make custom firmwares.
    But has made a new one for my Hesine 3D Prusa i3 with a Melzi V2.0 1284P card.
    Almost everything works as it should, but may not be Z the axle to move: /
    Y, X and Exdrudern going as they should.
    Has tested the everything and Googled me crazy on how to solve it, but does not go !!!

Anyone have any good idea ???
    Have used Repetiers firmware builder V 0.92.4.
  • First do a z move and see if z motor gets current. SHould now take more force to turn the z axis. Especially with prusa design make sure the z axis can move freely and is not blocked by different heights left and right.

If that all is ok, go to eeprom settings, set z max speed to 2 and acceleration to 50. That shoudl get your z axis moving or singing motors. singing motors = current set too low in this stage. Moving z axis - now you can start testing what speeds are really possible.
  • Last but not least check M119 to see if endstops are triggered, You can not move towards triggered endstops if test is enabled.