Effector tilt on a specific tower

Hello, I've bought a old BI v2.5 (which bootsindustries doesn't sell anymore). It's a rumba board with repetier firmware. I've changed the rails to V-slot and put magnetic. I've set new parameters as diagonal rod length and the horizontal radius. I get a linear Z-probe map in the middle of the build volume but when I bring the effector to a specific tower no matter the rod length or horizontal radius it always tilt the same way. What could it be and is there a parameter so set? Thanks 

Comments

• The mechanics of a delta is designes such that the effector never tilts - in theory. Firmware can not prevent it. If the rods are not of same length or not 100% parallel it will tilt more or less depending on position. So check your rods of they are same length and maybe you can fix the length somehow to reduce this very good visible defect.

By tweaking the dimensions you can tweak how it changes z over xy but that is correcting an error by adding an other error - ok all deltas do that to some amount as no delta is 100%perfect. That is so difficult that you need very expensive eqipment to just come close to perfect. G33 can also adjust z differences. But you will keep variances in xy in any case with such a error. No real problem for figures.
  • I've found out (by moving the effector by hand) that to not tilt, one of the magnetic joint has to be lower than it's position. All rods are same lenght +-0.01mm. I went from 440 to 441mm rod lenght and 261 horizontal radius to 236. Does the smaller horizontal radius can explain this? Thanks

• I've found out that the carriage magnetic joint (middle to middle) had  about 10mm more than the effector. I'll reprint with the exact same lenght and I will let you know.