Unknown command: M106 & M107

When adjusting the fan speed from Repetier-Host V1,6.2, using the Manual Control tab, the command log reports: 
Unknown Command N169 M106 S255 
and 
Unknown Command N180 M107

It seems the N### is not fixed. 

It does result in my fan not being controlled. The same happens during a print session, when said gcode is send to the printer for a print.

This is on my Da Vinci 1.0A

Repetier Firmware reported on the printer LCD display at startup:
Da Vinchi 1.0
Repetier 0.92Mod 

How can this be resolved?

Comments

• You probably have fan control disabled in your config.
    You need to set
    #define FEATURE_FAN_CONTROL 1

• Thanks Martin

I'll investigate...
  • Martin

The problem persists...

In my "D:\Arduino\Repetier-Firmware-0.92-master\src\ArduinoDUE\Repetier\Repetier.INO"

// ################## EDIT THESE SETTINGS MANUALLY ################

#define DAVINCI 1 // "0" if not DAVINCI, "1" For DAVINCI 1.0, "2" For DAVINCI 2.0 with 1 FAN, "3" For DAVINCI 2.0 with 2 FAN, 4 for AiO (WITH NO SCANNER SUPPORT)
    #define MODEL  1//"0" for first generation (jumper JP1 to reset ) , "1" for new generation   (jumper J37 to reset)
    #define REPURPOSE_FAN_TO_COOL_EXTRUSIONS 1 //"0" Setting this to 1 will repurpose the main Extruder cooling fan to be controlled VIA M106/M107
                                               //Warning: for DaVinci 1.0 need to add a permanent fan with power supply to cool extruder

// ################ END MANUAL SETTINGS ##########################

FEATURE_FAN_CONTROL is defined in the following section of code:

/** Should support for fan control be compiled in. If you enable this make sure
    the FAN pin is not the same as for your second extruder. RAMPS e.g. has FAN_PIN in 9 which
    is also used for the heater if you have 2 extruders connected. */
    #if REPURPOSE_FAN_TO_COOL_EXTRUSIONS==1
     #define FAN_PIN ORIG_FAN_PIN
      #if DAVINCI==2 || DAVINCI==3
          #define EXT0_EXTRUDER_COOLER_PIN ORIG_FAN2_PIN
          #define EXT1_EXTRUDER_COOLER_PIN ORIG_FAN2_PIN
        #else //DaVinci 1.0
            #define EXT0_EXTRUDER_COOLER_PIN -1 //Warning need to add a permanent fan with power supply to cool extruder
        #endif
      #define FAN_PIN -1
      #define FEATURE_FAN_CONTROL 0

It would seem like the correct options have been set...yet I cannot control the fan from the Repetier Manual tab. My curent reason for wanting to get this to work is that when I use PLA, the filament strip after some layers. I'm starting to think that it is because of the fan not running and the filament starts to go soft due to heat build up in the extruder "system".

•   #define FAN_PIN -1  #define FEATURE_FAN_CONTROL 0#endif

Hi Ian, my coding is not brilliant but i think these lines are over riding the code before it, you would have to set the correct fan pin for your controller and re-enable fan_control.

Maybe the Repetier guru can confirm this :)
  • I managed to "solve' the matter. One needs to change two lines:

These are all in Configuration.h

1) Leave this as is : #define REPURPOSE_FAN_TO_COOL_EXTRUSIONS 0

2) Then further down:

//  #define FAN_PIN -1
    //  #define FEATURE_FAN_CONTROL 0
      #define FAN_PIN ORIG_FAN_PIN

I now have fan control. Not sure yet if it will solve my filament stripping issue...I need to test this still.

Thanks for the support.