Z probing servo scripts work with Z probe but not with Z homing

Hi,

I have gotten the servo scripts to work while Z probing

I've even gotten the Z probe to work as Z homing switch if I have the servo neutral setting to move the switch down when the printer is turned on... but I can't seen to get the printer to start with the switch up when the printer is turned on and then have the switch moved down when I click Home Z.

If I can't make the script move the switch up after probing it would touch the plate during printing.

Please let me know what I need to do to make the same scripts that execute during Z probing also work during Z homing... I have already set the homing and probing pins to the same pin and everything works except the Z homing won't use the servo gcode scripts.

Comments

• If I understand you correctly, you need to go up before homing. Upgrade to newest dev version, it has now a go up before z homing option that can ensure this.
  • Not exactly... I have the "Go Up" part working.

I have a Cartesian printer... I need the probe to be out of the way when the printer is turned on... then I need the probe to be lowered below the nozzle when I home Z... then when homing Z is done I need the probe to be moved out of the way again so the nozzle is the lowest part between the table.

If I manually set the probe to be always lower than the nozzle the Z homing works using the probe... but after Z homing is done the probe doesn't automatically move out of the way.

The probe moves up and down automatically when I use G30 but never when I use G28.

I am using version .92.8. I am only changing the configuration.h file manually... when you say use the DEV version... is the DEV version the version using the current configuration tool?

Do I need to use the configuration tool from scratch to get the Z homing scripts to work?

I tried uploading my current firmware and modifying it using the configuration tool... but when I upload it to the printer the printer freezes when I start it... I had to go back to the original firmware.
  • Yes, I mean the dev version in config tool (is same as on github).

Uploading old config from tool will upgrade all parameter and normally it works out of the box. That version does run start/finish script for z homing so it should work.

How far does it come before it freezes?