Sub-Servers?

Hey, quick question. We have a lot of printers spread out throughout the building. Usually, they are clusters of 2 or 3. It's too far to run USB cables all the way back to one server, so I was wondering. Can we somehow set up multiple small servers, and connect them all together in one server interface? That way we can monitor all of the printers at once, not just the 2-3 in range of that server. 

Comments

• Sorry, but that is not possible. Each instance only communicates with one server. It's also not clear if that is desireable as it would increase traffic and adds potential points of failures as one machne would at least need to collect all data..
  • I have been trying to do exactly this.  I would like to have a raspberry pi server set up on each of my printers but a central print server that can manage them all from a central location.
  • That is something for the future.
  • Dambergn said:
    I have been trying to do exactly this.  I would like to have a raspberry pi server set up on each of my printers but a central print server that can manage them all from a central location.
    I am of the same opinion. It would be convenient to have a single interface to group some repetier server and it also could make handle the rendering to "central server". I guess it's not simple to implement. But I think it is a very important feature for everyone. I take this opportunity to thank Roland for the excellent work and I hope to read this feature on your social pages as soon as possible.