SD Card Removed Message When Starting Print

Hello,

I am running repetier firmware on mega/ramps1.4 hardware. I was never able to get the lcd to read SD cards but since it's a delta decided to ditch the LCD for a micro sd shield. I have been able to mount the sd card, upload a file and click run. The machine start but once the effector gets about 1 inch from the bed I receive a message through repetier host saying "SD Card Removed". I have no idea what might be going on. If there's any additional information that would help i'll be happy to post it up. Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Any cables near sd card cable what could produce cross talk?

What happens is that the signal from sd card detect pin changed triggering the message, so now you need to find why th epin toggles. Bad contact, cross talk, wrong pin number, ...
  • Thank you for your response. I just noticed something else but i'm not sure it's related. When i click print I get the message "Pause requested by printer", in the logs  see Request Pause: Homing Failed. almost immediately after the message the SD card has been removed pops up. Could this be the cause? I made certain there were no cables around and I checked the sd card with the serial monitor in the arduino IDE. Thanks again for your help.
  • Does homing normally work? 
    Homing failed means endstop did not trigger/untrigger in expected sequence.

There is the chance that you have the sd card detect pin also used for some other function (endstop?). Default pin configuration does not do that but if you use a display that has no ramps pinout who knows what pin number then get used.
  • Yes, homing works fine. I do receive the message even when printing over USB as well. However when printing over usb I just click continue and the print begins. 
  • What you could try is adding

#define SDCARDDETECT -1

in ui.h at the end just before the last #endif line. That would disable sd card detection so you will not get any removed/inserted message. Instead you need to mount manually then. But it should show if this is somehow related to homing problem and in any case it gets rid of the removed message.