Gcode M104

I am trying to debug my firmware with Repetier Host.  
M104 S210    will set & start the extruder heater, but I dont see anything reading it back such as M116 ??
Am I misunderstanding something?
I have the commands, info, warnings, Erros, ACK all highlighted in the debug window.

Comments

• When there is a bad command the Slave is supposed to respond with rs&LineNo.  In my case it was
    rs7   This doesnt seem to be accepted by the host since it just sits there afterwards.   Is this format OK?
  • M104 S210
    will heat current extruder to 210°C. You should get a response like this in newer firmware versions:

9:05:46.403: N15 M104 S70
    9:05:46.405: ok 15
    9:05:46.409: TargetExtr0:70

• So you are saying that just ' ok'  isnt valid, but  need ok 15.  What is 15?  So I also need TargetExtr0 70.  The responses from the controller are what they are because I wrote the program to the best of my understanding of G codes. Thats why there are bugs.
  • So all requests for information should be 
    ok Information   
    should M1
  • Yeah I changed the order and put ok before the information and now two of the timeouts that are in the current initialization sequence have been fixed.   I just dont understand the example given below.  M104 S70 sets the temperature to 70 and my response is simply ok. That appears to work.  So why is there ok 15 and another line with TargetExtr0:70   which reads back the 70?  In my setup if echo back is selected it just writes back the message sent by the host as is, now with ok at its head.
    Is that wrong?

N15 M104 S70
     ok 15
     TargetExtr0:70
  • Sounds like you are in wrong forum. This is for Repetier-Firmware which does return line numbers for better error correction after ok and also reports value changes. If you are using a different firmware that will behave different, e.g. only returning ok. For these firmwares that is ok, also they can enable line numbers in advanced configuration (Marlin).