Axis correction

Hi,

as i use Repetier FW in a mill and i´m working with a 10Kg load (Mill Motor) on x Axis i have following Problem :

when i move X-axis from 0 to 520mm there is some small bending in my machine.

which is -0.1mm at Position x=0 ; 0 at x=260 and -0.1mm at Position x=520.

this bending is independent of y and z Position and just caused by the weight of x-slider+Motor.

can i use bed correction to compensate this?

as far as i understood bed correction is just for a couple of layers but i Need that as a permanent correction

over the complete z-Range.

any Idea?

Comments

• BTW , seems to be linear, so starting from x= 0 means to subtract 3.85 microns per mm from Z up to x=260 and from there add 3.85 microns per mm from Z up to x=520.

• You can use bed distortion G33 for that. Also normally only for the first layer you can set until which height you want 100% correction and that can also be machine height. You can set G33 manually if you want.
  • Ok,

i can´t use z-probing because i need opposite direction of correction

so my question :

how can i generate correction Matrix manually?

• I was quite sure it wa sin repetier.ino but it wasn't. Here the options:

- G33 - Measure distortion map

- G33 R0 - delete distortion map

- G33 L0 - List distortion map

- G33 X<xpos> Y<ypos> Z<newdistortioncorrection> - Set new distortion for nearest distortion point.

L0 returns the command to restore current state. Copy this to quickly define your correction and then send the commands.

• edited October 2016
    Ok, thank you.
    One more question please as my correction is like  a V-shaped line falling linear from 0.1 mm at x=0  to 0mm at x=260mm and rising from there to 0.1 at x=520  (its completely independent from y position) how many points do i have to define?

do you think  a 3x3 matrix is enough?
  • Yes, with so linear behaviour even 3x2 would work. We interpolate linear between points and you say beding is linear as well, so no need for more extra points.