Unable to install 8 on rasp pi 2

Hi! Trying to upgrade from 75.1 to 80 on my pi2 but I get the following output and the server doesnt install

sudo dpkg -i Repetier-Server-0.80.0-Linux.deb
(Reading database ... 112027 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack Repetier-Server-0.80.0-Linux.deb ...
Uninstall Repetier-Server
[ ok ] Stopping RepetierServer (via systemctl): RepetierServer.service.
Unpacking repetier-server (0.80.0) over (0.75.1) ...
Setting up repetier-server (0.80.0) ...
Install Repetier-Server
You may see warnings about groups. These can be ignored.
The user `repetierserver' is already a member of `tty'.
adduser: The group `intserial' does not exist.
adduser: The group `ugpio' does not exist.
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/RepetierServer.service to /lib/systemd/system/RepetierServer.service.
Job for RepetierServer.service failed. See 'systemctl status RepetierServer.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
dpkg: error processing package repetier-server (--install):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u5) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 repetier-server

Any suggestiuons?

Comments

• Log shows it switched from init v to systemd handling for services. Installation it self went ok but when starting the server it failed. Please check

systemctl status RepetierServer.service

and also check what is in /var/lib/RepetiertServer/log/server.log

That might give the answer why it fails to start now.
  • Hi thanks for the reply :D

from systemctl status RepetierServer.service:

● RepetierServer.service - Repetier-Server 3D print server
       Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/RepetierServer.service; enabled)
       Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Thu 2016-10-20 18:03:17 BST; 1s ago
      Process: 25897 ExecStart=/usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/RepetierServer -c /usr/local/Repetier-Server/etc/RepetierServer.xml --daemon (code=killed, signal=ILL)
      Process: 25893 ExecStartPre=/bin/chown -R repetierserver /var/lib/Repetier-Server (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
      Process: 25889 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p /var/lib/Repetier-Server (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

There is nothing in the server.log :(
  • Are you sure you are using a Pi 2 and not pi 1? We have found the pi 1 created illegal instruction error on startup and that looks exactly like that problem. We have fixed the armel version to now also work on pi 1.

As a test run
    free
    and if you see only 512MB ram you have a pi 1.
  • This is great information, but has the downloadable pi image file been updated with the pi 1 fix?

• No, the image currently does not work with pi 1. We are working on it. If you have wlan and download the armel and install it it will work. Seems that image does not work without wlan plus the instruction error. Not sure if I'd use the image with display since pi 1 is so slow it might give problems. Without graphic display I do not expect problems once I have the problems fixed.
  • Are you sure you are using a Pi 2 and not pi 1? We have found the pi 1 created illegal instruction error on startup and that looks exactly like that problem. We have fixed the armel version to now also work on pi 1.

As a test run
    free
    and if you see only 512MB ram you have a pi 1.
    Oops :$ It is on a Pi1! I forgot, I switched it over as I needed the PI2 that it was orignally on for a RetroPie install lol Tried the new ARMEL version and all is work fine now, many thanks :D
  • New image now also works with Pi 1, btw.