Endstops /CoreXZ

Converted a broken Solidoodle2 to ramps1.4. w/2560 
While driving the XY carriage from Repetier-host is normal, the XY endstops are actually located opposite where the software thinks they are.
(Solidoodle endstops/home is X+, Y+, and in Z the bed drops as it prints.)
After fiddling with other endstop settings in configure.h I tried using coreXZ but it gave the following error while compiling. Thanks.

********ERROR*****
 endstops.cpp: In static member function 'static void Endstops::update()':
 endstops.cpp:378: error: expected '}' at end of input
  } // Endstops::update()
  ^
 expected '}' at end of input

**********CODE containing the error**********
#if ENABLED(COREXZ)
    }
  #endif

old_endstop_bits = current_endstop_bits;

} // Endstops::update()

Comments

• We have no file Endstops.cpp so you are using a alien firmware.

But why all the work and not just tell host that endstops are at x/y max position. You can do that in printer settings.

• I did change host printer endstop settings from min to max (and to 0 and back)

• So what is the problem then? Your printer home to xy max and you can set it in host.
  • The problem is homing the xy carriage, probably a rookie mistake...
    I would not ask for help had I not tried for days to fix it (in both RH and in configuration.h.)

XY should home towards the back and right.. RHost manual control drives the carriage direction correctly but hitting the endstop dosen't  stop the movement. However, driving the xy away from the endstop and triggering it
    manually does stop the movement.

• Ok, that is a firmware configuration error. If movements are correct you have set homing direction in firmware wrong.

Host only wants to know how printer behaves, so it sets values correctly but does not change behaviour.
  • edited October 2016
     Ramps1.4 wiring instructions show endstops to XY and Z min.
     Should that be XY max and Z min for this printer (and in the firmware)?
    Thanks.
  • That is an example and must not match your printer I guess. Also you can surely configre max endstops on min endstop pin. But better check in your firmwares forum for firmware configuration.
  • Finally all axis's and endstops are working properly in Marlin and 
    homes correctly in manual control in RepetierHost.

When running a sliced part the printer homes and heaters heat but none of the axis;s 
    actually move anywhere. The extruder however, IS working during that print.
    Making spaghetti, if the trouble was a snake I bet I'd be bit.
  • More a question for marlin cracks. In repetier I'd check if endstops are not triggered. Triggered endstops might block xy moves. So you must make sure after homing no endstops are triggered. In repetier-firmware we can set a distance to go away from endstop after triggering.
  • Thanks, will take it over to marlin forum.
    Dumb question of day, Is home = zero = origin = endstop location?
  • homing normally defines min or max position. That must not be where endstop triggeres. You can also say after triggering move 2mm away and that is 0.
  • "Repetier Host Solidoodle version 0.85" does not want to uninstall completely in win7.
    Some of the settings/defaults show up in the new install of RH.
    Could this be somehow linked to my issue?
  • It was something to do with Z homing or min/max.
    Many thanks for assistance.