Prusa I3 / Ramps 1.4 - Prints are always to tall

Hey @all,

I´m new to repetier. For the last year I used Marlin as my Firmware. But since I build a new Printer (Sparkcube) which works best with repetier I decided to Switch my prusa I3 to repetier, too.

But I have a big Problem ... My prints are always to tall. If I print a cube which is 10mm high I get always 10,22mm. I measured to travel for the z-axis several times. But it´s always the same. And it seems to me that the "addon" in high is constant. I printed a 3mm high part and it had also ~3,25mm.

Any idea what can cause this Problem?

regards
  Dominik

Comments

• Your steps per mm are not set correctly. Go into eeprom editor and adjust them. Especially with belts the tension can cause deviations from theoretical steps per mm. 
  • edited July 2016
    Hi !

I checked that double times ...

I printed now 4 cubes ... 15*15mm and different in height. 5mm, 10mm, 15mm, 20mm.
    All of them are about 0,25mm to tall. There is no linear Addition in height.

So I got 5.25mm, 10.28mm, 15.28mm and 20.23mm.
    I would understand it if there is a linear change ... But it isn´t ...

Any hints?

Dominik
  • Constant extra is simply overextrusion, meaning a 0.5mm output is 0.75mm. You have 2 options depending on how good and full solid qube would be.
    1. You can reduce flow multiplyer to use less filament for same modell. Use this especially if you can not print 100% infill cubes as they overflow with filament. Less flow makes it also weaker if you reduce too much.
    2. In slicer settings you can set to inset object in xy direction.

If height does not match your first layer height might be too high. Also it is possible that it shifts your head a bit up. You see this always as a scratch if you move over already printed parts. Also be carefull measuring. Often the border is a bit thinker/higher then the rest.