Red fan extender / fan pin

Hello i see another question and answer about red fan extender but i have one problem with this.
ramp 1.4 and arduino mega 2560 i add a red fan extender and  in pin .h #define fan pin 4 i change with 6 and i have just one fan work and for my another extruder he don't work i don't see where i can change a number for D11 for my second fan . and i try with another ligne but doesn't work.If you have an idea it's really really cool because i look for many days .Many thanks for your answerimage

Comments

• Do NOT change pins.h! 

All you need to do is select the pin number in the config tool instead of the symbol FAN_PIN and you use that pin for the function.

What is the intension of the fans? For cooling filament or cooling extruder.

For filament you have only one fan controlled with M106/M107. You can control the second by adding P1 to the commands, but slicers will not create the code.
  • ok thanks but in don't understand this because If you build or upgrade your printer with/to DUAL-EXTRUSION (2 extruder) including a heated bed all the output ports (D8,D9,D10) will be used. In this case there is

not option to connect a firmware controlled FAN to RAMPS board directly. However in Sprinter/Marlin firmware there is an option already (Marlin: BOARD=34) which 

redirects the FAN to RAMPS output D4. But this solution needs a "buffer/driver"in order to work.

The RRD-FAN-EXTENDER is exactly what i need in this case. It is a plug and play solution to mount the FAN for DUAL-EXTRUSION setups with RAMPS1.4. But instead of

adding only one additional output port the RRD-FAN-EXTENDER is equipped with 2 PWM controllabe channels(D6/D11). The second channel can be used for another fan

(e.g. to cool the stepper driver) or for adding light control (e.g. add dimmable LED light to your machine).

Normally it's easy to adapt to other firmware (just change "#define FAN_PIN 6" in "pins.h") 

Thanks again 

• hello mr Repetier
    ok i see in config adv.h where i define D6 and D11 it's ok but he doesn't work i don't no why.?
    i tested everything it's really strange
    thank you good night 
  • We have no config_adv.h so I think you are not using our firmware:-)
  • ok thank you
  • and for the firmware you talk about repetier? but i don't see where i can find your firmware
    thanks a lot
  • On www.repetier.com you have a firmware menu.

Config tool is here;