Upload directly to Server

I use Simplify 3D to slice my STL files.  It does not integrate with Repetier Server like Repetier host does.  I have to save the gcode, then upload it using the web site.  I can map a drive letter on my Windows machine to a folder on my Raspberry PI (Repetier Server).  I can directly upload the files to the server.  

I would like to have a way for Repetier Server to automatically detect the newly uploaded file, and start printing.

I was able to it with Octoprint, before I switched to Repetier Server.  That's one feature I really miss.  

Comments

• It will be contained it 0.75 and is called folders. Can also be used toupload from usb drive.
  • Just in case someone else is trying to do this...

Turns out you can connect the two apps using a CURL script.

Basically you will need to install CURL.  Then add this command to your "Starting Script" tab of your S3D Settings.  (The same place where you specify Infill% , supports, materials, etc)

Replace the x-api-key value with the API value from your Repetier Server.
    Replace the IP Address with the correct IP.
    Replace the printer name with your printer name.  (Mine is StuffMaker.)

To use, simply prepare your project as usual in S3D.  Then select the save to SD card option.  Save the gcode to any location, doesn't matter what folder.  After it saves, you should see it uploaded directly to Repetier server.  

It doesn't start automatically.  (I wish it did).  You will have to either click print on the touch screen, or on your computer via the web browser.  

"curl.exe" -i -X POST -H "Content-Type: multipart/form-data" -H "x-api-key: f063f12a-198c-42fa-99af-529a5a745c339" -F "a=upload" -F "filename=@[output_filepath]" "http://192.168.1.107:3344/printer/model/StuffMaker"
  • Nice trick.

If you replace in your /model/ with /jobs/ or maybe /job/ it will upload to printjobs directly and if none is stored will start print directly.
  • Thanks a lot for this hint. I have added this to our docs: