Printer freezes randomly when printing.

I was using repetier firmware with my printer for like three weeks, then i installed a new heated bed and it worked flawlessly for three days and the started to freeze randomly when printing. i would press reset printer and it would say something like port COM3 is not responding, and when i would unplug and plug the usb port. when trying to connect it would just say: A device connected to the system is not functioning and the repetier firmware would just freeze too and not respond, but I see the printer regulating the temperature and looking just fine. it seemed like software problem, so I tried to print with pronterface and 30cm usb cable, it didn't help at all. I tried printing with different computer and the problem repeats. Can somebody help? I cannot print anything. I'm using Ramps 1.4 and Marlin 1.1.0-RC3.

Comments

• Just tried to update to 1.10-RC4, problem is still there.
  • Try and see if it works without heated bed. I guess the bed takes too much current for your power unit so it drops voltage to fast and makes usb malfunction. Without bed it should work as before.
  • Try and see if it works without heated bed. I guess the bed takes too much current for your power unit so it drops voltage to fast and makes usb malfunction. Without bed it should work as before.
    i will try, but the heated bed is switched through relay (mechanical) from mains (heated bed runs on 220v)

• Just tried using the dry run function, everything seems to be fine
  • Tried also just with the extruder, everything is fine. Weird, this means that the heated bed causes problems, but how? How can a mechanical relay cause problems, i'm going to connect an oscilloscope and look for surges.
  • When relay switches on, there is a 25mV surge, when it turns off, there is no ripple at all. Weird.
  • PROBLEM FIXED I added 150mF capacitor and it doesn't loose connection anymore.
  • simas1017 said:
    PROBLEM FIXED I added 150mF capacitor and it doesn't loose connection anymore.
    Dear Simas,

May I ask where did you added the capacitor? did you connect it to the signal cable of the mechanical relay? I have the same problem. Plz help. Thanks alot  
  • simas1017 said:
    PROBLEM FIXED I added 150mF capacitor and it doesn't loose connection anymore.
    YESS!! where did you add capacitor ???