Manual run doesn't work and temperature reading is fluctuating

Hello.

I'm new to this 3D printer thing so I try to build my own Prusa i3 using manual from this website.

At first, it all looks well until the software parts. I've configured my marlin configuration and the repetier-host according to the instruction. However, I met several problem which are listed below.

1. During connecting, it gives out error :

13:53:56.495 : echo:Unknown command: "" 
13:53:56.500 : FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin V1; Sprinter/grbl mashup for gen6 FIRMWARE_URL:http://www.mendel-parts.com       PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:Mendel EXTRUDER_COUNT:1 UUID:00000000-0000-0000-0000-                                             000000000000 
13:53:56.503 : echo:Active Extruder: 0

What does it means by echo:Unknown command and echo:Active Extruder: 0?

2. When I start the extruder heating and the bed heating, the temperature reading is far from the actual temperature. The reading begin from room temperature but they fluctuates. When I start heating, both the temperature won't go up and sometimes the go down instead. May I know what might be wrong with it? I already changed the thermistor, but it still gives out the same problem.

3. When I do the manual run for the motors, they are not running. The message box gives out, "echo: endstop" instead. But I don't even install the endstop for the printer.

Can someone please help me with this problem? Thank you in advance.