Motors disabled after movement

I have a Kossel Mini, bought from ebay as a kit from here. I used marlin for a short while, but i saw repetier has a lot of neat features that marlin lacks, so i switched to repetier.

The problem i'm having si this. It looks like the motors disengage, after making a move, so the nozzle drops a bit under it's own wieght. Is there something i set wrong?

Comments

• If the motors get disabled after the move it is the timeout set to a low value. The values is in milliseconds. There are 2 timers - max. inactivity and disable stepper after inactivity. 0 = always on. Changeable in eeprom settings.

Each motor also has a flag disable when used in motor section of config tool. Do not check this with delta printers.

I think one of these is your problem.
  • Thank you for your reply. I did check those settings and they were correct. But the problem dissapeard after reuploading the firmware and reseted EEPROM settings. Must have been something left-over from Marlin, although i did reset the EEPROM to default before.
  • Strange. You are the second saying that it was a problem when coming from marlin. I wonder why this happens if everything looks ok.

• Now i have another strange problem. When adjust endstops, i adjust with the value i measure using the paper test, then home it, come back again to the same position and everything is the same. Sometimes it does adjust, sometimes it ignores the value. It does this very random. I don't understand it. Can't calibrate.
  • Sorry, but I do not understand what you are doing with paper and endstop that needs to be done in firmware. Or are you adjusting max endstop and z length? Then you need to home to make it work afterwards as z position is only set at homing.