BLTouch

Has anyone gotten this to work in Repetier Firmware?

I've seen a couple posts asking questions and a comment on the indiegogo page that someone was having trouble with it

Comments

I have used one of these sensors in MarlinFirmware and it worked well.

The only odd thing about the sensor is that to drop the pin down below the nozzle it is a servo movement (setting servo to 10 deg from memory. And 90 to raise it)
    BUT every single probe needs to have the servo called to 10 deg so the pin can drop down again..

Is this how repetier works @repetier
  • No, repetier has a start and end command to enable/disable a probe but after that it assumes it works.

But you can easily hack runZProbe to execute an additional gcode command if required:

GCode::executeFString(PSTR("gcode"));
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 0
    That worked! @repetier thank you for your time helping.

Is there a way to add that sort of a "hack" to a G28 (Zxytz) I had a look at the code to try this but I am uncertain where would be an appropriate location to insert it.

I am asking this because my printer has an enclosed chamber and it is hart for me to add z max endstop at the moment and I have parts I am needing to continue making for the next few weeks.
  • I guess homeZ would be the right function. There you have 2 moves down where you would need to add it.
  • i am looking to hook up a bltouch on my Printer too,

could someone please explain me how to manage this with repetier Firmware?

I am not sure where to "hack" runZProbe....

@repetier, is it possible that you implement the feature on the next FW update?

• The function to hack is in BedLeveling.cpp in latest version. Just put the hack in the first line of the code I guess. But I do not have the probe so I can not test and program. But I guess it is just some servo movement gcode you need. If that works I could add a per probe script in addition.
    I am just looking at getting the BLTouch working on Repetier.  Is this hack still required, and has it been tested and proven to work?  Many thanks!

Have someone solved the Problem? Can you Post your ZProbe Settings?. Thx
    I also would like a good tutorial on adding the BLTouch to Repetier. Repetier has got to be the worst firmware for finding good tutorials on....
  • Here are my settings:

No hack required the probe releases itself after touching the bed.

After trying bltouch to work for 2 weeks I decided to opt it out. Now I purchased an 8mm inductive sensor and will try it.

I had several problems with voltage, auto bed leveling, nozzle height. It works with Marlin but with Repetier I believe still needs some development.

I use bltouch with repetier and have no problems with it.